Fullscreen Apple Carplay

BIMMER-REMOTE

First Name
Jakub
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2
Im soooooo sorry to ask. I just wanna make sure. Don’t shoot me!! Will it touch my unlocked ecu/tuning at all?
Imma go hide behind the door now. Don’t kill me.
Tunes, DME, other codings than headunit won’t be touched at all.
It only affects iDrive system - software update then Apple CarPlay Fullscreen activation.
You’re getting coding pack included so you can guys choose codings as well.

Fast_Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Premium, 2005 Evo VIII
Vehicle Showcase
Tunes, DME, other codings than headunit won’t be touched at all.
It only affects iDrive system - software update then Apple CarPlay Fullscreen activation.
You’re getting coding pack included so you can guys choose codings as well.
It will only overwrite any coding done to the headunit ecu... the headunit ecu will have to be recoded with whatever features the customer wants, but as @BIMMER-REMOTE said, he already rolls that service into his update service, just have to let him know what you need recoded!!!

I opted to have a fresh install (just firmware update), and recoded everything myself via Bimmercode...

Suprastar_671

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 GR
~ The only think I lost was the main center upper dash screen saved items (eg. programmed radio/sat stations, start up screen - defaulted back to the Supra screen) but that’s it. An easy reset to me.

It didn’t change my hard coded BimmerCode settings (such as deleted items; seat belt chime, start up chimes, door open chime, nav disclosure, start up in sport mode, etc, etc).

Hope this helps!
Thanks! Yes it helps as I am still learning about these small mods… ??

Reactions: zrk

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Just got my Supra back from the dealer and now my Apple Carplay is Fullscreen! :)

You guys can just have the dealer perform the recall and Carplay will be Fullscreen for FREE!
I love the innocence in this. A lot of people will hold off since the flash is going to lock them out of tuning their ECUs. But I’m glad you got the full screen update.

TheRock

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Just got my Supra back from the dealer and now my Apple Carplay is Fullscreen! :)

You guys can just have the dealer perform the recall and Carplay will be Fullscreen for FREE!
What was your car at the dealer for and what recall did you have being performed?

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge

Tapis

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra & 2023 BMW i4 eDrive35
For some reason, the recall has not been talked about yet in Canada (???) so I bought the Fullscreen package on Bimmer-Remote. 2h after my purchase I had fullscreen Apple CarPlay. Transaction was very smooth and VERY quick.

Attachments

BIMMER-REMOTE

First Name
Jakub
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2
For some reason, the recall has not been talked about yet in Canada (???) so I bought the Fullscreen package on Bimmer-Remote. 2h after my purchase I had fullscreen Apple CarPlay. Transaction was very smooth and VERY quick.
Thank you very much for choosing http://bimmer-remote.com

Booztin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Now just looking for a way to view turn by turn directions throught Apple Maps on my HUD/Digital dash. Works on BMWs with Idrive 7. If anyone has any ideas - please let me know.
Same …… someone’s gotta get this working lol