Fun stories/comments/reactions with your A90: Funny things said to you about your Supra

Quinn

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cu A91MT, 02 Spec E46, 04 Sequoia
I got told to replace the b58 with a 2jz, i just laughed and said no
Everytime my brother drives his old IS300 over to work on cars it’s pretty much always the first thing out of his mouth
Sponsored

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
I had a socially awkward friend of mine explain in detail on how he didn't like the lines of the car and preferred a Lotus. This was before I even made my first payment :) But he didn't mean any ill will -- not sure he ever really understood why it wasn't cool.

BMW comments. I don't know why anyone really cares. But i usually defer to my usual turn signal joke. Or just say Thanks; seriously, when did owning a bimmer become an insult. Of if they're Mustang drivers, I remind them to be extra careful driving out of the parking lot.

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
The only “negative” talk I get for my car is the BMW talk. One guy came up to the greeter desk where I worked and saw my wallpaper and was like “nice but it’s just a BMW”. I said yeah & a Toyota. I love it. The interior is much better for it as well. Then he kept with the well it’s just a BMW.
I politely asked “oh, so what car you drive?”
He said “oh, I’m not saying I wouldn’t drive a Supra.”
My response “yeah, I thought so.”

95% of the comments are love. The hate seems to come from people who can’t afford a sports car or their spouses won’t let them.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
The only “negative” talk I get for my car is the BMW talk. One guy came up to the greeter desk where I worked and saw my wallpaper and was like “nice but it’s just a BMW”. I said yeah & a Toyota. I love it. The interior is much better for it as well. Then he kept with the well it’s just a BMW.
I politely asked “oh, so what car you drive?”
He said “oh, I’m not saying I wouldn’t drive a Supra.”
My response “yeah, I thought so.”

95% of the comments are love. The hate seems to come from people who can’t afford a sports car or their spouses won’t let them.
Same people that complained it was a BMW to begin with and weren’t putting money up to buy one either way, so their opinions are null and void.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Had a bunch of Porsche guys come by in the paddock and ask what is in that thing when I passed a string of 3 of them that didn’t want to give a point by
Should have replied "driver skill" lol. Honestly, the Porsche guys rub me the wrong way. I've had a few similar or even more derogatory phrases from them. Like to them, it's INCONCEIVABLE that a car is faster than a Porsche.

Drvanloo

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I've gotten stopped by a several older gentleman in parking lots. They asked what the car was, and when I told him it was a Supra, they reminisced about when they bought their son to Mk 3 Supra, and he ended up crashing it etc etc.
Other than that, just general thumbs up from people, mainly guys in lifted 4runners and Tacoma's and such.

cinosa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Nitro Yellow Supra 3.0 Premium
I get positive comments / looks all the time. Little kids love the car. I'm one of two Nitro's in my neck of the woods, and there's a black one local as well (though I never see them around at all).

Yesterday I was out for a cruise, and I had a young teen in a Cruze whip out his phone and record me as I was passing the car he was in. Later that day, after running her through the car wash, I had a guy in a CR-V roll up beside me, give me a thumbs up + big shit eating grin before he turned off.

That said, I've also had young guys, highschoolers, ask for rides, which is very disconcerting. I understand they're excited about the car, but it's still a sketchy thing to do and I told both guys no. At 15-17 y/o, there's no way I'm asking a stranger for a ride in their nice vehicle, my mom taught me better than that, lol.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Had a girl at the drive-thru say, wow thats pretty small but looks good. Pretty sure she was talking about my car.....
As long as it looks good bro..better than big and ugly lol

MSGPAN

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Haven't really got any looks so far. I had one older gentleman see Supra written on the back and he started saying how he liked the MKIII back in the day. I had another guy say "nice little car..." still not sure if that was intended to be an insult or not. I think maybe it makes other people drive more aggressively around me? That's the only thing I've started to notice compared to when I drive my other car...can only imagine how bad that would have been if I went C8 instead.
New to group finally got my 2023 Supra after waiting 2 years to find one that wasn't already bought. I had the same issue with my 2022 BRZ I can only imagine how it will be with the Supra based one everyone's comments I've seen. I kind of find it funny when someone takes off at the Stop light on me. In my head I'm like " do you feel proud" lol. I barely bought my Supra yesterday still in break in period. By the time I left the dealership was to late to get good pics.

dji_fly_20220527_180450_183_1662334268973_photo_optimized.jpg

20230220_192440.jpg