Do you guys ever get tired of others bashing your A90 Supra? / Tired of the BMW comments?

How much negative comments do you get a day on your A90?

• Total voters

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Here's my take on this.

I bought supra because it is BMW but I love supra because it is NOT BMW.

Here's why. I've been driving BMW sedan for quite some time. I like what it offers as "luxury" car. Supra does offer those amenities that I'd get from BMW. However, BMW is more like final car. Meaning, it feels like what BMW is saying is, "Our cars are masterpieces! There are nothing you should change! If you are going to change anything, we don't welcome you!" It's not exactly but it feels like that.

What Toyota did with this platform is what I love about. Basically, "We will give you a good platform. Do whatever you want to do. It's your car. We already provided you room for you to add your modification. Go at it if you like." And that goes with same philosophy /w previous generation of supra. For example, have you noticed the indent on top of Air filter box? It's there to add strut bar. If it wasn't there, a lot of fabrication had to be made, in my opinion. I heard there are many design of panels to do something like that. Also, I saw many youtubers complaining about fake vents. So what! If I want to or need to, I just have to cut it open. If it's not there, it will be hard to cut it open. If it was there unnecessarily open, it will mess up engine bay or interior or where ever dirt can get in. If they say, it sounds just like Z4, their ear is not trained enough notice the difference. They probably think freight train sound is corvette V8. :D

I like what Toyota did to MKV. maintaining heritage on a reliable platform as well as giving room to make this my supra. In your case, your Supra.
Sponsored

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
So I have only had this car a few days and am already sick of the BMW comments.

What the hell, do people think they are funny or something? My reply is typically yeah well its the same car as the z4 and it cost 20k less so for the value its a better car. If anything people should be asking the BMW owners why didn't they get the Toyota.

One guy irritated me so bad I just was oh hey I see you are driving a 2002 ford focus hows that thing handle? He didnt want to talk any more.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0

What the hell, do people think they are funny or something? My reply is typically yeah well its the same car as the z4 and it cost 20k less so for the value its a better car. If anything people should be asking the BMW owners why didn't they get the Toyota.

One guy irritated me so bad I just was oh hey I see you are driving a 2002 ford focus hows that thing handle? He didnt want to talk any more.
Dude, I feel ya. It gets old. Refer to one of my old posts about a guy on a skateboard shouting "BMW!" at me. I'm like "SKATEBOARD!" He stfu after that.

From my other post-"I've driven around town and had 2 people shout "BMW!" as I passed. Um ok. More funny, it was from someone on a SKATEBOARD and someone in a 350 Z with the front bumper hanging rofl."

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90

It's never gonna go away, there's even trolls on these forums who don't own the car and love to shit post here and there, gotta get used to it. Also avoid the Supra subreddit, the main mod there called the MKV a joke and BMW

piper1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 e85 Z4
It's funny, when I had my 1g dodge avenger no one said "nice mitsu", The haters will always hate, but you look at anything dsm did, and later Mitsubishi taking over when dsm perished did talon owners get "nice eclipse" or Stealth owners get "nice gt3000", seabring/stratus owners as well? It's funny there's a thread a long time ago on the other supra forum I remember seeing about a MK3 owner someone coming up to them and thought it was a ford probe.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Being a huge BMW fan to begin with, it never really bothered me.

When people say itā€™s a BMW, I tend to actually agree with them lmao. Even if people yell ā€œis that a Supra?!ā€ I usually give them a thumbs up and yell back ā€œitā€™s a BMW.ā€ Lmao.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It bothered me at first but then I realized it was all the people with shit boxes slammed on the ground and sounds like a trumpet when they accelerate, so I stopped listening to those comments and just laugh at it every time.

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Itā€™s funny bc none of the people that talk shit can afford the new a90. Itā€™s almost like they are haters and jumping on the wagon when they got no clue what they are saying.

I had one guy said he was going to get the Yellow LE bc only 500 were made but he didnā€™t want to get it because it wasnā€™t a manual. Lol I didnā€™t know Yellow came in LE?

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Itā€™s funny bc none of the people that talk shit can afford the new a90. Itā€™s almost like they are haters and jumping on the wagon when they got no clue what they are saying.

I had one guy said he was going to get the Yellow LE bc only 500 were made but he didnā€™t want to get it because it wasnā€™t a manual. Lol I didnā€™t know Yellow came in LE?
Took my car to a car meet and all the comments I got were all positive, even a police officer approached me and we had a real good conversation about the car.

Thereā€™s always people who will be hating. Look at the muscle car community, donā€™t even get started with a Mustang Vs Camaro argument lol

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
I think some y'all just need to let it go. Not everyone is going to like your car and will come at you with stupid comments, but that's ok as long as you like it. That's what really matters. You brought it for yourself, and not for the world.

I had similar experiences when I 1st got my MK4. Some of the hate below:

Chevy Cobalt driver - Nice wannabe supercar.

Ford 500 driver - LOL, nice Toyota.

Lexus community - Should have gotten a SC instead. It's the grown up version and not a 12 year old racer boy car.

Like some have said in this thread, just reply with a "Thank you" and walk away. Don't give them the satisfaction of trying to irritate you.
Sponsored