Do you guys drive your Supra in winter with summer tires?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
They are ALL SEASON.
Just FYI, there are all season and all weather tires. All weather is geared towards more snowy, slushy, rainy areas...
Depending on how much snow you get and rwd/fwd/awd/.. you can live through winter with them... otherwise dedicated snow tires, generally speaking.
Yet, on Supra if you're going to drive throughout winter with snowy conditions, I'd just get dedicated winter tires...

YellowJacket

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Toyota Supra 3.0
Move to CA, hate/don't understand anything that goes on but can run a 200tw tire year round....... priceless.
Texas too. We hardly get anything down here winter-ishy....except for the freak week that happened this past winter.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
No Supra winter driving for me. That’s what I have a Tacoma and 4runner for.

It would end up in the ditch like these people.

-RJM

80C411F0-DE65-4333-9EAB-FDF0008816AD.jpeg

F115D822-C9EC-48FF-BD97-6A1746BF4240.jpeg

C5C30BB2-41BD-4EC6-BD93-1E16B41974E9.jpeg

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Driving the Supra (or any car on summer tires) in any kind of winter weather that involves snow or ice is irresponsible and stupid. It would be one thing if you just spun out and crashed, but usually the dumbasses that try it, take someone out with them.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I only drive it if there’s no snow in the forecast and it’s going to be above 45 degrees. I’m okay with rain, I just slow down.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
what’s the lowest temp that’s ok to drive the mpss that come with the car that you’ve driven in?
If not what winter tires have you guys used?
A temp of 45 is the lowest temp that I will drive in. I had the same problem with another car (BRZ) with MPPS

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
what’s the lowest temp that’s ok to drive the mpss that come with the car that you’ve driven in?
If not what winter tires have you guys used?
Below 7C summer tires not optimal. The real issue is grip and braking action. It will increase the distance for stopping. Might be the difference between a crash, ruining your car and or hurting yourself and others. Its really simple. If you are in winter / cold conditions get winter tires. All seasons are not the answer either. Your car and your money

In Germany your insurance coverage can be denied if you are not on the correct equipment for the conditions. Thats a big DUH would you not agree. Seems in the USA winter tires are not mandated for areas that have winter. Idiotic.

polaris

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2017 Corolla iM
I always find it strange that Toyota made the decision to sell this car with summer tires and heated seats, not cooled. A head scratcher, for sure.

I have a set of winters ready to go on when the temps start to dip. Saves me from putting extra miles on the (much more expensive) summer tires.

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
I always find it strange that Toyota made the decision to sell this car with summer tires and heated seats, not cooled. A head scratcher, for sure.

I have a set of winters ready to go on when the temps start to dip. Saves me from putting extra miles on the (much more expensive) summer tires.
Maybe they expected people to be driving the car more often in the summer but made sure your bum will not freeze should you drive it out on cooler seasons

Chief131

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Below 7C summer tires not optimal. The real issue is grip and braking action. It will increase the distance for stopping. Might be the difference between a crash, ruining your car and or hurting yourself and others. Its really simple. If you are in winter / cold conditions get winter tires. All seasons are not the answer either. Your car and your money

In Germany your insurance coverage can be denied if you are not on the correct equipment for the conditions. Thats a big DUH would you not agree. Seems in the USA winter tires are not mandated for areas that have winter. Idiotic.
Preparing to move to Germany next year, and the Supra will become my daily as my Lifted GMC is not welcome in that country either (reason I am searching for winter tires now, the ones with the little mountain peak logo on them since that is the new upcoming law…. M+S are grandfathered for a bit, but since doing summer/winter changeouts, planning on these lasting for some time)…… thing about the US….. freedom means the freedom to do dumb stuff too….. play stupid games, win stupid prizes. But, when a guest in Germany courtesy of the US military, I will respect and follow their rules.

Chief131

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Following……
This has been a great conversation, but any more suggestions on Snow Tires? I have been trying to source the Michelin Alpin 5’s, but for the life of me cannot find anyone online that has them in the 275/35/R19 size for the rears.
Sponsored