GR Supra 3.0 vs S650 Dark Horse Mustang

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Here we go. Motor Trend (I believe) has the Dark Horse on the cover. My wife being a former owner and Mustang lover thinks she’s got to have one… I’m explaining how it would make sense to own two Supras and have extra track parts, experience from my mistakes, etc. I haven’t even looked at the article yet because I know I’m right 🙃
Your wife is a Mustang fangirl, damn.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Your wife is a Mustang fangirl, damn.
Her dad was a drag race car guy. Her idea of going to the track includes Gator Nationals. So yeah, she insisted we go catless with the AWE track edition exhaust. She had a Borla (louder than thunder exhaust and other mods) on her 2016 5.0 and tracked it at Sebring. It really helps having a “sponsor” in the hobby 😂 I definitely lucked out dude!

6C85D36D-72C4-4267-8578-23B6BD3B9A2F.jpeg

Last edited:

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
Love the performance the V8 Mustang offers, but every one that I have ever owned felt like it was falling apart after 10,000 miles.

And would Ford please chill with all the special edition with 10hp increments.

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
Love the performance the V8 Mustang offers, but every one that I have ever owned felt like it was falling apart after 10,000 miles.

One thing that I find funny is that most sports car manufacturers have essentially made performance intake and exhaust modifications obselete (not including dp/headers), just because they are designed around the car so well and gains are negligible. But leave it to the American muscle companies to just slap the oem parts on and be able to gain significant horsepower from throwing a catback or a CAI on. I guess they've got to make their add on money somewhere.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios

Design and built it quickly and cheaply is how I would describe American muscle cars, and their engines especially the base V8 are so unoptimised from the factory that a few small tweaks here and there can net big power gains.
Sponsored