Toyota Supra vs Ford Mustang

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Iā€™m not surprised. The Mustang is a much bigger, heavier car, and their 10speed auto has too many gears and seems to hunt around too much. I owed a GT350, and while it is an amazing sounding car, it can feel like a dog off the line because of the weight and size, along with the lack of low end torque.

I like my Supra so much more. Itā€™s so much more smaller, lighter, and more nimble and you can tell Toyota really matched the ZF to the engine. Shifts are almost DCT like.

The overall fit and finish and quality on Ford products is still severely lacking. You donā€™t always notice it at first, but once yiu own the car awhile you start to see how low rent it feels.

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
The weird thing about the Mustang is that the back seats donā€™t have headrests

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
GT350 is a very fun car but still like the smaller dimensions of the Supra.

I wouldnā€™t ever own or drive a mustangā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ I would never go to the dark side!

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I've had eight Mustangs over the course of 40 years. The last two were a 2013 Boss 302 and a 2016 GT350, Lund flex-tuned. I traded the 350 for my Supra which has Visconti e50 tune. Both cars are basically two-seaters though the Mustang tries to pretend it's not, and in the process gains unnecessary size and weight. To equal the performance of a tuned Supra the Mustang needs a supercharger.

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
I traded a Roush mustang on my 2021 Supra. I enjoy the Supra very much at my older age but occasionly miss the Stang. One positive point is I got a great trade in price.

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
I've had eight Mustangs over the course of 40 years. The last two were a 2013 Boss 302 and a 2016 GT350, Lund flex-tuned. I traded the 350 for my Supra which has Visconti e50 tune. Both cars are basically two-seaters though the Mustang tries to pretend it's not, and in the process gains unnecessary size and weight. To equal the performance of a tuned Supra the Mustang needs a supercharger.
The 2+2 seat layout is more like two seats and a bench for placing your stuff behind your seat LOL
Sponsored