First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
So you guys in AZ don't have e85?
Well...thereā€™s this:

For starters, without a tune designed to take advantage of it, you wonā€™t see much of a performance gain. More importantly, Iā€™d be highly surprised if the stock high pressure fuel pump and injectors have the headroom to satisfy the volume requirements of running full E85 under high load.

Youā€™ll likely end up tripping a protection because the engine will run lean under load. From a performance and practicality perspective, you get your biggest bang for the buck around E50.

Volume requirements increase fairly substantially past E50 without a ton of benefit as far as knock resistance. Assuming the in-tank pump is up to the task, the route most people will likely take for running E85 is to add port injectors controlled by some kind of piggy back like a split second or megasquirt. In a max-effort or full time race car, sure but for a car youā€™re going to primarily street drive, itā€™s really not worth it.

Not to mention that your fuel economy is also going to get far worse as you increase the ethanol percentage. ā€œ

From https://www.supramkv.com/members/satindragon.3248/

OP
OP
89 and 95

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, V8 Solstice Coupe, 21 C8, 88 V8 Fiero
Hoping to get back in the car later this week.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
Well...thereā€™s this:

For starters, without a tune designed to take advantage of it, you wonā€™t see much of a performance gain. More importantly, Iā€™d be highly surprised if the stock high pressure fuel pump and injectors have the headroom to satisfy the volume requirements of running full E85 under high load.

Youā€™ll likely end up tripping a protection because the engine will run lean under load. From a performance and practicality perspective, you get your biggest bang for the buck around E50.

Volume requirements increase fairly substantially past E50 without a ton of benefit as far as knock resistance. Assuming the in-tank pump is up to the task, the route most people will likely take for running E85 is to add port injectors controlled by some kind of piggy back like a split second or megasquirt. In a max-effort or full time race car, sure but for a car youā€™re going to primarily street drive, itā€™s really not worth it.

Not to mention that your fuel economy is also going to get far worse as you increase the ethanol percentage. ā€œ

Well, obviously you need a tune. I'm running an e50 tune. Since no one sells e50 the only way to get it is to blend e85 with normal e10 which is a simple process. The gain is huge over 91.

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
Well, obviously you need a tune. I'm running an e50 tune. Since no one sells e50 the only way to get it is to blend e85 with normal e10 which is a simple process. The gain is huge over 91.
I'll be pretty happy with an 91-oct tune and added DP after that.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Great info here. I feel my build will be similar. I would probably consider using dyno comp or BMR depending on who can custom tune. Did Dynocomp custom tune your Pure 800 setup and did they also install the Pure 800 turbos?

OP
OP
89 and 95

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dyno-Comp custom tuned on their dyno and can do anything from mild to wild, including E85, Race Gas or meth kits.

BTW, I'm actually having a bit of buyer's remorse on the Boost Logic Titanium Exhaust as it is more obtrusive than I was expecting, even with the Sport Mode off. It actually causes rattles inside the car. I need to drive some more and decide what to do with it.

KGI2019

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Prem 3.0 - 2020 Civic SI (Daily)
Wow, that's a shame considering how beautiful that piece is and the weight of it.

Awesome build so far, also love the Solstice! I had a Sky Redline for about 9 months or so, I was really digging the Mallet ones with the LS, would be so cool.

OP
OP
89 and 95

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Been driving some more - the exhaust is great most of the time (and yes, it is a work of art). There is just a specific RPM and gear that has the vibrating and droning - wondering if there might be adjustments in the tune that could help. Will keep this thread posted as I work on it.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Been driving some more - the exhaust is great most of the time (and yes, it is a work of art). There is just a specific RPM and gear that has the vibrating and droning - wondering if there might be adjustments in the tune that could help. Will keep this thread posted as I work on it.
High gear low RPM vibrations?

If so, its happening to most tuned cars. I experienced that with a BM3 tune alongside an AA catted DP and an Akrapovic exhaust.

Running stock tune now and zero vibrations

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
How did your wing turn out?

OP
OP
89 and 95

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wing is great - photos in this thread and more in others on this board.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Well...thereā€™s this:

This. However if its dialed in you can also make it try to lower the target if it see's the fuel pressure dropping. But if you put E90 in on an E50 tune it might not adjust quick enough and just misfire. After E40 on a DI car the gains are extremely minimal. Luckily we in AZ have E54 pumps all over and its convenient.

Dyno-Comp custom tuned on their dyno and can do anything from mild to wild, including E85, Race Gas or meth kits.

BTW, I'm actually having a bit of buyer's remorse on the Boost Logic Titanium Exhaust as it is more obtrusive than I was expecting, even with the Sport Mode off. It actually causes rattles inside the car. I need to drive some more and decide what to do with it.
There are a few adjustments. Such as the exhaust flap, and decel options. Is the noise under accel a bother, or under decel? Under Accel due to our fuel type you run a more retarded timing thus firing in the exhaust stream more incresaing the audible level. You can typicaly advance the timing more on a Pure turbo and it helps but the pure turbo makes your exhaust a fair bit louder (on the 800) due to the incresaed volume of the turbine wheel.

HKS recently released a new quieter version for the japanese market and I beleive we can get it stateside now too. My HKS exhaust was pretty ideal, but on a pure turbo it might be louder than some want. But with the sports mode turned off its actually not too bad. Your welcome to come say hi and see if the sound is up to your desires.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
You could also possibly downgrade to the newer Pure700 which has a smaller turbine. This would be cheaper than a whole new exhaust. Although it might not be enough. You should get nearly the same power, and some better throttle response.
Sponsored