Sponsored

Headunit Firmware Dump?

nanaisu

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ronnie
Joined
Jul 2, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
254
Reaction score
314
Location
United States
Website
bananaisu.com
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hi all,
apologies if this is posted in the wrong place, I'm more of a lurker than a poster. I've been reading up on a few threads related to coding and was wondering if anyone had dumped the firmware and or filesystem of the headunit for the Supra.
I'm more used to REing malware and not headunit firmware or car hacking in generally... but I'd love to give it a shot if it's already been dumped (or if someone has general instructions that may apply to the Supra.)
TIA :D
Sponsored

 

QSupra99

New Member
First Name
A
Joined
Jun 29, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
qatar
Car(s)
2030 Supra
Apologize to revive a old thread/post, But have you found any dumps? im in the process of RE it and finding a way to change the seatbelt / warning gong/sound to custom Audio.

Thank you
 

BeepBoop321

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Jan 12, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
50
Reaction score
36
Location
USA
Car(s)
2025 Supra 3.0 Premium
With all of these advancements in AI & things like the bar behind reverse engineering dropping, it would be awesome if someone with more knowledge/capability would be able to use AI to decompile the firmware and safely modify it to enable us to do fancy things to our cars.
 
OP
OP
nanaisu

nanaisu

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ronnie
Joined
Jul 2, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
254
Reaction score
314
Location
United States
Website
bananaisu.com
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
With all of these advancements in AI & things like the bar behind reverse engineering dropping, it would be awesome if someone with more knowledge/capability would be able to use AI to decompile the firmware and safely modify it to enable us to do fancy things to our cars.
With using AI for reversing, one of the key things you need to remember is that you need to be able to fact check it's work, or you pose the risk of breaking something that you might not be able to recover from.
 

RedSupra

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
66
Reaction score
66
Location
US
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
The biggest capability I want at the moment is being able to code start/stop off by default.
 

BMWAF

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2022
Threads
71
Messages
3,194
Reaction score
4,560
Location
In orbit
Car(s)
A90 Supra; FN2 CTR
Pushing a button too hard :lol:
No, but it's a design flaw that can (still?) be easily rectified with Bimmercode in seconds. And once you code the car to start in Sport mode, that's two buttons that won't bother you ever again. And when you code auto locking when you walk away, that's three. 💁‍♂️

If you can fix these little annoyances, why wouldn't you?
 

lucky phil

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Jan 23, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
1,559
Reaction score
1,812
Location
Australia
Car(s)
Maybe a Supra GTS 2023 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Maybe because I don't see them as annoyances just part of the driving engagement. I spent 42 years in aviation and there's a checklist for everything, pre flight before start, taxi check list the list goes on and they all have things to set and check. A pilot might fly 4 legs in a day all on different planes as well so there's a lot of buttons and stuff to move and check. Pushing a couple of buttons is nothing to me in all my cars. The Supra has 2 the Kia has 3 to push and the Mazda has one. No big deal as far as I'm concerned. Half the conversations here are about having to reset the coding again after it's reverted back anyway.
 

BMWAF

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2022
Threads
71
Messages
3,194
Reaction score
4,560
Location
In orbit
Car(s)
A90 Supra; FN2 CTR
Half the conversations here are about having to reset the coding again after it's reverted back anyway.
The only way it reverts back is if the dealer runs a particular update on your car.. and generally speaking, most Bimmercoding usually persists. As a clear example, I have never had to re-code start/stop once I disabled it a few years ago, even after the dealer replaced my instrument cluster and ran relevant updates. My coding even survived the Femto unlock.

Also, I'm not sure I jive with the idea that superfluous button presses are cool. I'm sure every pilot alive will tell you that reducing the checklist is a good thing.. when said checklist contains items that have zero bearing on the safety or normal operation of the plane. 💁‍♂️

Bimmercoding out annoyances and poor design choices improves this car immensely in my opinion and is easily one of the cheapest and best modifications we have at our disposal.
Sponsored

 
 








Top