High-Pitched Whine Coming From Engine Bay (2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0)

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Mine makes a similar sound, I always thought it was the fan
Sponsored

ashari

First Name
Adithya
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 3.0 Premium, C43 AMG, Range Rover Velar
Any update? My car made this noise for the first time today after a slightly warm start. Only engine mods I have are a armytrix catless downpipe and a armaspeed intake.

OP
OP

Ariose

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Any update? My car made this noise for the first time today after a slightly warm start. Only engine mods I have are a armytrix catless downpipe and a armaspeed intake.

I took it to the dealership and they said that the sound is normal and there was nothing wrong. They said that if it gets louder or something breaks to bring it back and then I guess they'd do something about it? lol. I definitely floor it all the time and nothing has gone wrong and I don't think it's gotten louder. Sometimes it makes the sound and sometimes it doesn't. However, yes, the sound mine makes is the exact same one yours makes. Seems to be around the driver's side area close to the serpentine belt. Maybe fan? Maybe water pump? No idea to be honest. I haven't modded it (probably wont for a while) and I push it pretty hard so Ill update here if I ever have to bring it in for a warranty repair and the sound disappears after.

ashari

First Name
Adithya
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sounds good man, appreciate the update. Do you have anything plugged into your ecu? I feel like there’s a slight possibility it could be ecu related

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
I took it to the dealership and they said that the sound is normal and there was nothing wrong. They said that if it gets louder or something breaks to bring it back and then I guess they'd do something about it? lol. I definitely floor it all the time and nothing has gone wrong and I don't think it's gotten louder. Sometimes it makes the sound and sometimes it doesn't. However, yes, the sound mine makes is the exact same one yours makes. Seems to be around the driver's side area close to the serpentine belt. Maybe fan? Maybe water pump? No idea to be honest. I haven't modded it (probably wont for a while) and I push it pretty hard so Ill update here if I ever have to bring it in for a warranty repair and the sound disappears after.
as long as your issue was recorded in the system so if it becomes a problem at least you have it documented.

OP
OP

Ariose

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Sounds good man, appreciate the update. Do you have anything plugged into your ecu? I feel like there’s a slight possibility it could be ecu related
I have not once touched the ECU except for once to find out and disappoint myself that the ECU was made past June 2020 (Some 2021s, although relatively rare, have a chance of having an unlockable and tunable ECU without needing FEMTO). I bought my car certified pre-owned from a Toyota dealership and have no idea if it was at all messed with previously. Another thing about the noise by the way... I have noticed it's not always there, it just kind of comes back whenever it wants to. It's a hit or miss situation I suppose and to this day I have no idea what could be causing it. Seems like it's a 50/50 when it comes to people having the same sound. It's kind of annoying and doesn't sound normal in an engine bay imo, so if you find a solution I'd appreciate you updating us here, but so far no issues have arisen from it.

Last edited:

ashari

First Name
Adithya
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It just happened again on a cold start, yeah it’s super annoying. Hopefully it doesn’t lead to any issues. I’ll be going into Toyota soon so I’m gonna see if they can replicate the sound and see what may be causing it. I’ll for sure keep you updated.
Sponsored