MHD 2021 Supra 3.0

mcnevin_supra

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
Hello, new to this forum. I wanted some advice. I recently got my 2021 Supra tuned with MHD. I have a catless downpipe, cold air intake, exhaust.
I’m running E40 ethanol mix gas..

I wanted to run some data logs to make sure my IAT temps are within a healthy range along with other data points, my oil temps are about 228-233 degrees at any given point, even after some pulls.

how can I properly get some data logs?
Sponsored

OP
OP
mcnevin_supra

mcnevin_supra

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
You can do it from your phone. Just connect the MHD from your phone like always, then access the data logging section. I don't use MHD but logging on all platforms is similar.
Whenever I try to log, it says “connecting to DME” “connection failed” it doesn’t bring me to a screen where I can actually access my logs and data entries. Typically speaking don’t you need to do some pulls and drive around a bit for the car to read the data?
I’m surprised there’s no instruction as to what kind of driving you should do to get accurate data entries

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Whenever I try to log, it says “connecting to DME” “connection failed” it doesn’t bring me to a screen where I can actually access my logs and data entries. Typically speaking don’t you need to do some pulls and drive around a bit for the car to read the data?
I’m surprised there’s no instruction as to what kind of driving you should do to get accurate data entries
If the connection is failing, you might need to reset your phone's connection to the MHD ODB adapter. There is no 'data' stored anywhere but on your phone, and you don't need any amount of driving conditions to log. You can log idling if you'd like.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
OP
OP
mcnevin_supra

mcnevin_supra

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
B5554D6A-7257-4C09-AB31-C15678179BA5.png
This is where I get stuck, reset connection to the MHD module/wifi but still get this. I get readings when I turn the car off though
3CB0D43B-AAB8-4EF4-811B-317135032D27.png

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Why does it say "obtain a license"..? When i datalog, i never see that option.. also, you better hope you have open space for datalogging cause you will run out of run way real quick. 😂 it was hard enough for me to get clean logs when i was in my tuning phase for E50

OP
OP
mcnevin_supra

mcnevin_supra

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
While we’re on the topic, what should my IAT temps be with E40 fuel blend ?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
While we’re on the topic, what should my IAT temps be with E40 fuel blend ?
IATs really have nothing to do with your fuel. It depends on how well you manage heat before entering the cylinder. You'll get a little bit maybe from cooling from ethanol, but nothing interesting there. What you want to understand is how much above ambient you are. 140° is "normal" but indicates that the car is heat soaked. I've seen big turbo top mount kits hit 160°+ (without properly cooling- aftermarket intake manifold).
Sponsored