How are your leather seats holding up?

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
When I test drove the Supra, the interior felt very faux leather and very soft. Sit in a car with real leather and you can feel and smell it the moment you open the door.

Blog_ComparisonAtAGlance_Chart-624x548.jpg
Sponsored

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
Mine is a bit worse than OPs at ~6000km.

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
doesnt base models have the suede seats along the middle? if that gets switched with the premium ones with the full leather ones. would it retain the headed seats? i dont know if the suede seats have a prebuilt heated cushions or the launch edition reds too.. im having double thoughts, because i think i prefer to have the suede center because (for me) i like it better with the design and the red stitching as an accent, and though the black leather and gray stitching is a very clean look, it feels easily tearable and if anything the red seats on the launch edition looks real nice and pops out.

OP
OP
HaiHoangTran

HaiHoangTran

First Name
Hai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.haihoangtran.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR Premium
I've been thinking of getting some seat covers but haven't been able to pull the trigger. I like the leather seats. I just don't like the quick wear these seats have.

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I wanted to get to the bottom (so to speak) of this leather seat issue. A bit of research on the interweb revealed that the wear on the seat at that precise point is directly proportional to the size of the driver’s nutsack.

This makes sense to me: my seat is pristine after 13800 miles since I have a minuscule sack.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to get to the bottom (so to speak) of this leather seat issue. A bit of research on the interweb revealed that the wear on the seat at that precise point is directly proportional to the size of the driver’s nutsack.

This makes sense to me: my seat is pristine after 13800 miles since I have a minuscule sack.
:rofl:

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

that makes sense! Lol.

MannyC224

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Turbulence Grey "Supra35"
Yea I noticed this on my drivers seat too, although it’s a bit less. Same wear is also starting on the pass get side, funny thing is that only my gf has sat there - she usually wears some sort of yoga pants or shorts. Pretty ridiculous for a new car. Current mileage: 34xx

I was actually wondering the same thing.
I had the same question, especially for cleaning and conditioning the leather. I called Toyota to find out what parts in the interior were leather. Took over 30 min to get the answer as they escalated the call and then used some internal messaging system to contact a product expert (maybe someone at BMW?) They finally confirmed that only the seats and the steering wheel are leather.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I had the same question, especially for cleaning and conditioning the leather. I called Toyota to find out what parts in the interior were leather. Took over 30 min to get the answer as they escalated the call and then used some internal messaging system to contact a product expert (maybe someone at BMW?) They finally confirmed that only the seats and the steering wheel are leather.
Thanks for doing the legwork on this!

OP
OP
HaiHoangTran

HaiHoangTran

First Name
Hai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.haihoangtran.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR Premium
That’s kind of disappointing but at least I called it right and have been treating my interior properly.

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
After having this problem with my previous car I decide to give leather shield a go, seems really good and you can definitely tell when you've applied it.

TX2.0

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '19 XT4, Club Car Precedent
I have a 2.0.
The seats are very comfortable.

mattieewhooo

First Name
Mattie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra
I'm starting to get some leather wear on the bolsters, from getting in/out of the car.

Do you know of any bolster protectors, that are made for these seats, or something that would suffice?

I remember buying some Bride bolster protectors, back with my old STI ..but cannot find such item for our stock seats.