HOW DO I DO A DIG IN THIS CAR!!!?

JR Supra

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 toyota GR supra 3.0 premium
Well being the person I know with the biggest mouth I signed a deal with the devil when I decided to challenge my buddies Audi S5 to a race. Now I know he will have me off the launch, but I should catch him. My question is what is the best way to launch the car? PS I have 285 Bridgestone Potenza re 71 R rear tires on so they are more grippy. I have done plenty of launches, But spinning ain't winning!! THANKS!
Sponsored

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
General recommendation would be something along the lines of full brake, RPM to 2000, release brake, roll onto throttle, once hooked then floor it. Learning how quickly to roll onto the throttle without spinning and knowing when it's hooked and safe to floor it comes with doing it over and over.

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
In my opinion,

Starting from second gear in Manual mode really helps spread the aggressiveness. Traction full off and brake boost a bit.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Here’s what I found when I first got the car: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/launching-techniques.12254/post-177532

On the street, however (the only place I’ve launched), I’ve ran my best times with traction mode (one click off, not full VSC OFF), and feathering the throttle (because less grip obviously).

I also agree with the shift point recommendation but for whatever reason, I’ve ran faster times shifting a few hundred higher.

I haven’t set any magical 60ft times on the street, but I felt good about it. https://www.supramkv.com/threads/stock-vs-visconti-stage-2-ots-dragy-gains.13423/

TLDR: foot brake launch out of 2nd gear and feather the throttle.

If this is a stock vs stock race, it should be all you. Even the 2023 S5 runs just a 12.9 sec @ 107 mph (according to C&D). Supras are mid/low 12s stock at 110-113 or so.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

AyeBird

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bagged 9th gen Accord and hopefully, an A90.
First thing first, make sure you CAPS LOCK your question, this is key.
Don’t forget the 3 exclamation marks to ensure emphasis (!!!) and the question mark at the end to let everyone else know that while we’re yelling, this is still a question 🙃