How do i get Burble control on a 2022

Teqqah

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra
Hi everyone, if someone could explain this to me like I'm 5 that would be great but Im still new into the supras and haven't had mine for long and I was wondering how I could get this on my A90 2022 Supra. All I want is the option to be able to control the burbles/backfires whenever I want. I don't need the car to be any faster or anything at the moment anything else is just a little bonus. Did some research but all I could find was me sending my ECU to Finland for like 5k or something. What would be the cheapest and easiest way to get this if possible? thank you!

1669159133043.png
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I'm not being a dick or joking, but sending your ECU to Finland and getting a clone done is the only way.

If you want to do anything other than dial all the sliders all the way down to zero, then... well... Ugh.

OP
OP
Teqqah

Teqqah

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra
I'm not being a dick or joking, but sending your ECU to Finland and getting a clone done is the only way.

If you want to do anything other than dial all the sliders all the way down to zero, then... well... Ugh.
Ah ok, thank you. but could you give me a small explanation on this please, what is a bench unlock? and this site says 2022 Supras all over the pages and it's only $595. I tried calling this company many times but they are always "closed" so I can't ask them but it says I can just ship out my DME to them and they will bench unlock it and then it's all done through the OBD port. May be a dumb question but again I have no idea what I'm looking for or talking about :) https://ffperformance.co/product/bootmod3-2020-2022-toyota-supra-tune-a90-j29/

calebc

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra mkv
Ah ok, thank you. but could you give me a small explanation on this please, what is a bench unlock? and this site says 2022 Supras all over the pages and it's only $595. I tried calling this company many times but they are always "closed" so I can't ask them but it says I can just ship out my DME to them and they will bench unlock it and then it's all done through the OBD port. May be a dumb question but again I have no idea what I'm looking for or talking about :) https://ffperformance.co/product/bootmod3-2020-2022-toyota-supra-tune-a90-j29/
This is for the tune. It can't be tuned unless it's unlocked.

MiamiMKVSupra

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
You have to send your ECU to Finland. You can do a simple unlock (not a clone) for cheaper. If you directly send it to Femto it comes out to a little under 1k. Then purchase a tune MHD or BM3 about 500$. OBD port about 90$ so you're looking at about 1,600$ cheapest.

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To adjust burbles, you need an ECU tune.

I'll step back.

* The early ECUs (those dates before 2020.06) had a different locking mechanism than the 2020.06+ ecus
* The older ECUs could be "bench unlocked" meaning, you pull the ECU attach it to a thing (that most speed shops have) and you're unlocked
* The newer ECUs cannot be bench or OBD unlocked, they're hardware locked. The old hack/attack for unlocking no longer works.

You cannot bench unlock, if you want an unlock, you need to send to Femto over in Finland (formerly Russia).

https://willmy062020plusecugotorussia.com/

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've never heard of that place, but they do have. the following disclaimer:

> Disclaimer: 2020 Supra models with November 2019+ software require a bench unlock. If your 2021-present Toyota Supra DME date is post 06/20, You will need to have your DME shipped out to be bench unlocked

They likely mean you ship to them, then they ship to Finland. There is no other option currently.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Here's another related question since this one has been answered: Can the check engine light be coded out with only the partial unlock or does it require the cloning process?

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Here's another related question since this one has been answered: Can the check engine light be coded out with only the partial unlock or does it require the cloning process?

You can clear codes to get light off but it will come back on anywhere from immediately to a couple days later

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
You can clear codes to get light off but it will come back on anywhere from immediately to a couple days later
I was under the assumption with this car, like others, that with a fully unlocked ECU, you can turn it off permanently? I may have just answered my own question there, but I've never read if that can be turned off for good with the partial unlock femto does without the cloning process.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I was under the assumption with this car, like others, that with a fully unlocked ECU, you can turn it off permanently? I may have just answered my own question there, but I've never read if that can be turned off for good with the partial unlock femto does without the cloning process.
Partial unlock is plenty enough to get access to burble settings.

$750 for Femto unlock with shipping
$500 for MHD super license
$90 for MHD dongle

now I can set my burbles so high they wake the neighbors

Now in the future if I want ecutek, I can just find a cloneable ecu and Femto should be able to send me the read file of my ecu. I can do the entire clone process remotely without sending it again, or paying more.

speaser

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91 MT SE, 2019 TRD 4runner

$90 for MHD dongle

Now in the future if I want ecutek, I can just find a cloneable ecu and Femto should be able to send me the read file of my ecu. I can do the entire clone process remotely without sending it again, or paying more.
Sooo ... with this ... could I also increase boost (93 octane)?

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Sooo ... with this ... could I also increase boost (93 octane)?
Of course. MHD has a selection of maps that come with the super license. I’m currently running stage 2 (93oct) making 450hp, 470tq.

there are even further improvements I could make with a custom tune, or flashing the e40 map to bring it up just under 500hp

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0

$90 for MHD dongle

How did you set the sliders for max burbles in sport mode? I’m trying to figure it out still lol
Sponsored