I hear no burbles on jb4

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
My exhaust flap seems permanently closed.

I've tried doing the BC thing and also double tapped the CANFlap gauge. The left blinker signal blinkeded.

Turned the car on and off and the exhaust flap stays closed.

Any ideas?
I actually have the same problem. Even when I have it in "left blinker" mode or "OEM mode", it always reverts to valve closed it seems, even in sport mode. Kind of annoying. Wish I could just disable CANFLAP all together and go back to stock operation.

First Way:
On your turn signal stock - press and hold the “BC” button until the turn signal flashes. A left turn signal = always closed. A right turn signal = always open. Both Turn signals = open only during sport mode (make sure you’re not in sport mode or it’ll get confused it seems). Repeat the process until you are on the desired setting. (Picture 1).
Maybe this is the mistake I'm making on OEM mode, since I always go Sport mode on startup. But it is definitely going valve closed with left blinker mode too.... Cycling through the 3 modes and back to left blinker usually gets the flap open again for a bit.
Sponsored

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
You guys getting any flap codes? Mine acts up sometimes and throws these.... Started after my first track day.

Screenshot_20230821_205826_JB4 Mobile.jpg

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
You guys getting any flap codes? Mine acts up sometimes and throws these.... Started after my first track day.
No codes on my end - except occasional overboost because MTs hate JB4...

D K

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 TG
@Jesse DaBears can this be fixed as part of Map6 tuning? Or is there some trick that we're not aware of? 😅

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I actually have the same problem. Even when I have it in "left blinker" mode or "OEM mode", it always reverts to valve closed it seems, even in sport mode. Kind of annoying. Wish I could just disable CANFLAP all together and go back to stock operation.

Maybe this is the mistake I'm making on OEM mode, since I always go Sport mode on startup. But it is definitely going valve closed with left blinker mode too.... Cycling through the 3 modes and back to left blinker usually gets the flap open again for a bit.
Mine burbles in sport mode only regardless of Map. I can’t remember what’s considered normal. When I lift off on the gas in sport mode = burble city. Doesn’t matter what map I’m on. Or does it?

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
*JB4 has no affect on burbles except for exhaust flap*

It has no control over timing or fueling. If you're not getting burbles it's literally only exhaust flap, or you're not in sport mode but that should be pretty obvious.
Sponsored