How long has your Supra been in the shop so far?

How long has your Supra been in the shop?

• Total voters
OP
OP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
well at least you got a free rental for 7 weeks....and counting. Did you pay a dealer markup when you bought the car? I wonder how that would work out if you did pay a markup
No, just MSRP. Luckily.
Sponsored

OP
OP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I know there are some people who voted that should be in the more than a month group now as time has passed. You can change your vote so please update.

CC²

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium
Just added mine to the poll. One day over a week as of now, and since they didnt know that some fasteners are one time use the wait continues as they keep adding parts to order to the list :thumbsdown:

CC²

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium
At what point in the waiting game do any of you guys feel it is appropriate to contact Toyota and ask them to start covering part/all of a months payment if the vehicle was in the shop and not able to be driven by the owner? I have spent more time going back and forth with the dealer than driving the car, and my first payment is due soon... Im not stoked on making a payment for something not in my garage...

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Just added mine to the poll. One day over a week as of now, and since they didnt know that some fasteners are one time use the wait continues as they keep adding parts to order to the list :thumbsdown:
What's it in for? Many of us are just dealing with the small issues for now, trying not to bring it in to Toyota as they have no clue how to fix this car yet. You have a 3 year warranty so the small stuff can wait

CC²

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium
What's it in for? Many of us are just dealing with the small issues for now, trying not to bring it in to Toyota as they have no clue how to fix this car yet. You have a 3 year warranty so the small stuff can wait
Among a bunch of small stuff, I took it in because when I fill the gas and the pump does it’s normal auto shut off, the tank isn’t full. And at the same time, it is filling up the charcoal canister with raw fuel which then drips out from the vehicle onto the ground. Not safe to be driving.

DD4F2323-AA0E-440C-B3C1-3C6BC9118196.jpeg

Cybermoose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium, 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe, 2015 Kia Soul +
Probably my biggest hangup before I bought mine was a worry that Toyota wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to fix/maintain these cars. I plan on using the 2 years of Toyotacare (since theoretically I paid for it in the purchase price) and immediately jumping ship to my personal mechanic, who's worked on my BMW for years and does a good job. I don't really need mechanics used to servicing Siennas covered in baby vomit working on my high performance vehicle.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Probably my biggest hangup before I bought mine was a worry that Toyota wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to fix/maintain these cars. I plan on using the 2 years of Toyotacare (since theoretically I paid for it in the purchase price) and immediately jumping ship to my personal mechanic, who's worked on my BMW for years and does a good job. I don't really need mechanics used to servicing Siennas covered in baby vomit working on my high performance vehicle.
I wouldn't really class it as high performance. Let's not push the mk5 on to a pedestal like the mk4 just so soon. It's a generic bmw engine and I wouldnt class their cars high performance.

Cybermoose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium, 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe, 2015 Kia Soul +
I wouldn't really class it as high performance. Let's not push the mk5 on to a pedestal like the mk4 just so soon. It's a generic bmw engine and I wouldnt class their cars high performance.
cool
Sponsored