How To: Bimmercode with Veepeak OBDCheck BLE

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Thought I would try out the Bimmercode App today and wanted to share my experience. Once you go into the app, there are currently only 8 adapters that it shows compatible with. Good thing to note because I had to buy a new adapter due to my current one not being compatible. It looks like different adapters might be able to read more/less data than others. This is what I got from the one that I used.

> Be sure your phone is charged
> Be sure your phone is in Airplane mode
> Three quick pushes on the car's start button will get you into diagnostic mode on the car
> Be sure to hit Code in the upper right corner of the app when you want to apply a change to the car
> You can always re-code back to default if you didn't like the change that occurred

1. Hit the three dots (upper right corner) to pull down the menu on Bimmercode
  2. Hit Settings
  3. Hit Adapter (It will show list of compatible adapters)
  4. You should be able to choose anyone listed. I happened to try the Veepeak.
  5. Be sure to select the correct matching adapter that you are using, otherwise you will get an error message.

49456642461_c2ea447af6_c.jpg

49456642486_62a1a151e4_c.jpg

1. Hit the car type that you have
  2. I tried the A90 Supra to see what it showed and only 4 options listed, so I closed out and disconnected and then reconnected again so I could change car type.

49456875887_200c915bda_c.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I then went to BMW Z4 and alot of options opened up:

49456875927_6708f6a598_c.jpg

49456169918_eb747908d6_c.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Active Sound Design ASD_01
  1. Once you go in here you can turn off the active exhaust notes that play through your speakers
  2. Hit Deactivated to turn it off
  3. Hit Code (upper right corner)
  4. Review: This definitely cuts down on the cabin noise in the car (gives the car a little more of a luxury feel). You truly hear the exhaust note coming from behind you, instead of all around you. Allows you to hear other sounds coming from the car. It's subtle but you can hear the turbo spool up, the transmission shift, and the tires chirping.

49456876002_10c3e239c0_c.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Advanced Crash Safety Module
> Did not go into this one

Air Conditioning
> Did not see anything worth noting

Engine Control Unit
  1. Allows you to save the Auto Start/Stop Setting
  2. Hit Active to activate the memory of this setting
  3. Hit Code (upper right corner)
  4. Review: Car now seems to remember the last setting that everything was in when the car was turned off. The car was in Sport Mode w/ Auto Start Off and then the car started in this same mode. Starting in Sport Mode was very loud and had some large exhaust pops upon firing up. Sounds amazing to the ears but I'm sure a few neighbors might not approve in some of your neighborhoods. ***UPDATE*** After driving a few more times, the car does not remember the Sport Mode at Start up anymore, however, it does retain the Auto Start/Stop setting.
49456169988_29f272f31c_c.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------

Headunit HU_NBT_EVO
> There are a few options in here:

1. Warning Chime
  2. Currently Unassigned Value
  3. You can assign any of the 4 sounds
  4. Review: Didn't see any way to sample the sound clips so I don't know what they sound like. Plus, they will only sound when you get a warning in the car. But if you've always wanted that Rolls Royce Beep, here's your chance to get it!
49456642391_e7dd5e98aa_c.jpg

1. Video In Motion
  2. This is where you would activate the option to play videos while driving
  3. I did not mess with this function

1. Warnings
  2. Warning At Start-Up
  3. Turned this off by Unassigned Value
  4. Camera Warning
  5. Turned this off by Unassigned Value
  6. Night Vision Warning
  7. Turned this off by Unassigned Value
  8. Review: System boots up flawlessly without any intervention from the driver and you don't have to keep clicking "OK" everytime you start the car.

49456169973_eee404a16d_c.jpg

1. Ringtone
  2. You can customize the sound of Incoming Calls. There are 4 different sounds to choose from.
  3. Review: Just something to customize to your liking.
49457118131_73e1eb6306_c.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

Instrument Cluster DKOMBI2

1. Audio
  2. Acoustic Signal When Reverse Gear Is Engaged
  3. Review: Do not make this active. I thought it would only chime when the car went into reverse but it chimes the entire time that the car is in reverse. It's totally annoying. The Logo section below was full of BMW logo's and Connected Drive Logos that I did not want to try. The other three menu under that I did not try either. The bottom section showed your Fuel Reserve Warning Indicators. It shows when you would like to get a fuel warning. By default they were set to (50 miles) and (30 miles). I decided to leave them at default.
49456642381_46bd1218df_c.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------

Post up what you've tried and liked/didn't like!

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I coded the following a while back and very pleased with everything I've done:
  • Auto On/Off memory - on
  • Active Sound Design - off
  • Start up warning - off
  • Backup camera warning - off
  • Infotainment Screen Dim (Dim Variant) - old

NitroA90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5 Supra
For some reason when I activate the Auto start/stop it doesn't take. It says it's coded but when I turn the car off then on, the car doesn't remember the last setting. Anyone else have this issue? Im using the exact same Veepeak unit as the OP.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
How do you turn off the bmw blum sound when you start the car

OP
OP
30MilesOffshore

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
For some reason when I activate the Auto start/stop it doesn't take. It says it's coded but when I turn the car off then on, the car doesn't remember the last setting. Anyone else have this issue? Im using the exact same Veepeak unit as the OP.

Were you able to get it fixed or is it still acting up? Originally, mine would save the Sport Mode setting upon starting but doesn't do that anymore. However, it still does retain the Auto Start/Stop setting.

OP
OP
30MilesOffshore

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
How do you turn off the bmw blum sound when you start the car
I'm not exactly sure if you can turn that off or change the sound. It's probably under Expert Mode Settings. If I get a chance I will see what I can find.

OP
OP
30MilesOffshore

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Natek, I think I found what you were looking for. It's under the Advanced Crash Safety Module, however, the Veepeak will not access that module. You will need to try another bluetooth scanner to see if you can access it.

I'm not 100% correct but you would go:
>> Advanced Crash Safety Module
>> Initial Warning After Start
>> Not Active

Check out this video and go to the 6:40 mark. Seems to describe that startup chime you mentioned.

NitroA90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5 Supra
Were you able to get it fixed or is it still acting up? Originally, mine would save the Sport Mode setting upon starting but doesn't do that anymore. However, it still does retain the Auto Start/Stop setting.
I tried maybe 4-5 times and it just wouldn't take. Every other option I coded took with no issues. I've ordered the OBDlink MX+ adaptor. Hopefully that does the trick.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Natek, I think I found what you were looking for. It's under the Advanced Crash Safety Module, however, the Veepeak will not access that module. You will need to try another bluetooth scanner to see if you can access it.

I'm not 100% correct but you would go:
>> Advanced Crash Safety Module
>> Initial Warning After Start
>> Not Active

Check out this video and go to the 6:40 mark. Seems to describe that startup chime you mentioned.

awesome i am going to try

OP
OP
30MilesOffshore

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I tried maybe 4-5 times and it just wouldn't take. Every other option I coded took with no issues. I've ordered the OBDlink MX+ adaptor. Hopefully that does the trick.
I'm curious to see if that MX+ gives you more options than the Veepeak. Give us an update when you get it. Are you able to get into the Advanced Crash Safety Module or do any new modules, or new ECU options show up with this one? I'm not sure but I think different adapters might be able to read different modules in the car. Thanks!

NitroA90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5 Supra
I'm curious to see if that MX+ gives you more options than the Veepeak. Give us an update when you get it. Are you able to get into the Advanced Crash Safety Module or do any new modules, or new ECU options show up with this one? I'm not sure but I think different adapters might be able to read different modules in the car. Thanks!
Looks like the MX+ was the trick. I uncoded then re-coded the auto start/stop and it worked on the first try. Also, Seems to have access to all the modules including the ACSM. The only one that doesn't show is the roof function center. Another good thing is that the OBDlink app is free. With the Veepeak I would have had to buy Bimmerlink (or similar) in order to deal with error codes if needed. The MX+ is a little more money than the Veepeak but worth it in my opinion.

Last edited:

R0ME0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Premium 3.0 (DSB)
The OBDLink MX+ is a great adaptor. Recently did some coding on my car as well and everything went super smooth with no issues.

Did a quick vlog on it recently and also giving away an extra OBDLink MX+ Adaptor away this Saturday if anyone is interested. Simply like comment and subscribe to be entered for Saturday's drawing :)

Sponsored