How to get Toyota to update car for throttle hesitation issue?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Are you on about the manual or auto for a start?

I’m not sure what you’ve been smoking but last time I checked full throttle and the car not moving at all for up to 3 seconds is not a feature. Rolling out into traffic is dangerous.

This and the fact it HAS been fixed and is well documented to have been fixed in the latest iStep by many many users on this forum. It’s a problem with the traction control system, you can actually avoid it doing this by turning TCS off.

Again do some reading before you comment on a thread you clearly know nothing about….
Coming from someone with a 2 post history 🤣🤣🤣
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avoided what I said entirely there….. good job.

also not sure how that’s relevant at all…….
The relevance is I've had this conversation numerous times in the last 3 years, and you've been here 3 seconds pretending you know something. And you're not worth the trouble. Take what I said, or not. Doesn't matter to me.

OP
OP
HACKRCHILD

HACKRCHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
The relevance is I've had this conversation numerous times in the last 3 years, and you've been here 3 seconds pretending you know something. And you're not worth the trouble. Take what I said, or not. Doesn't matter to me.
It wouldn’t matter if you had founded this entire forum and it was my first post. What a weird little god complex you have.

Me and the other 30 people on here that have this problem, so whatever keeps you happy.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It wouldn’t matter if you had founded this entire forum and it was my first post. What a weird little god complex you have.

Me and the other 30 people on here that have this problem, so whatever keeps you happy.
Like I said, it's not a problem. Mine has done it too. It's not dangerous, or an issue. You push the throttle, there's a slight delay, and you go. Usually it's shortly after starting the car, it happens once, and then not again during the trip.
Rolling into an intersection is nonsense too, because traffic behind you moves when you move, and opposite traffic is no factor. They yield till you pass to turn, or they go straight in their own lane. So keep crying about your problem that isn't a problem.

OP
OP
HACKRCHILD

HACKRCHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Like I said, it's not a problem. Mine has done it too. It's not dangerous, or an issue. You push the throttle, there's a slight delay, and you go. Usually it's shortly after starting the car, it happens once, and then not again during the trip.
Rolling into an intersection is nonsense too, because traffic behind you moves when you move, and opposite traffic is no factor. They yield till you pass to turn, or they go straight in their own lane. So keep crying about your problem that isn't a problem.
I think you may just be on about the very normal reduced throttle as stated in the manual with the first 30 seconds of startup.

This issue and the one that many threads complain of on this forum the car does not give any throttle for up to 3 seconds, and then suddenly dumps all the power. This can happen 5 minutes into driving or 30 minutes into driving.

I think you have missed this is in the UK section with your intersection talk. Not really sure what you meant by that at all. I can assure you when trying to pull out into a road travelling at 60and you are sat there not moving for 3 seconds it’s quite dangerous and much longer than you think.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think you may just be on about the very normal reduced throttle as stated in the manual with the first 30 seconds of startup.

This issue and the one that many threads complain of on this forum the car does not give any throttle for up to 3 seconds, and then suddenly dumps all the power. This can happen 5 minutes into driving or 30 minutes into driving.

I think you have missed this is in the UK section with your intersection talk. Not really sure what you meant by that at all. I can assure you when trying to pull out into a road travelling at 60and you are sat there not moving for 3 seconds it’s quite dangerous and much longer than you think.
I get that, it is annoying when it happens, not saying it isn't. But it's something built into the car. It's on the BMW forums too. It's a temporary limp mode. But why, who knows. When it happens to me, I just hold steady throttle, I don't go full power, and after a second or two it wakes up and just goes. After that it doesn't happen again as long as the car is on.

OP
OP
HACKRCHILD

HACKRCHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I get that, it is annoying when it happens, not saying it isn't. But it's something built into the car. It's on the BMW forums too. It's a temporary limp mode. But why, who knows. When it happens to me, I just hold steady throttle, I don't go full power, and after a second or two it wakes up and just goes. After that it doesn't happen again as long as the car is on.
See I just don’t agree there. Especially because you can prevent the issue by turning off TCS. That and multiple members have reported back after a few thousand miles that the issue has completely gone post update.

Also on the Z4 forums people have had their car updated to solve this issue. If you are happy to deal with it that’s fair enough. But if there’s a solution, which I believe there is as there’s evidence to support that, then I want it.

It seems our issues are not the same anyway. Mine will do it more than once on a journey.

OP
OP
HACKRCHILD

HACKRCHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Incase you haven’t seen it yet, reading back through this shows people fixing the issue with the update. https://www.supramkv.com/threads/throttle-hesitation.8938/page-30

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
See I just don’t agree there. Especially because you can prevent the issue by turning off TCS. That and multiple members have reported back after a few thousand miles that the issue has completely gone post update.

Also on the Z4 forums people have had their car updated to solve this issue. If you are happy to deal with it that’s fair enough. But if there’s a solution, which I believe there is as there’s evidence to support that, then I want it.

It seems our issues are not the same anyway. Mine will do it more than once on a journey.
Yeah maybe UK software is different

Brostradamus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Prem
Just chiming in to say I've experienced the issue but only shortly after cold startup. Presumably it was within the 30 second start-up window that the owner's manual discusses. This was on a 2020 with the brake recall software fix, followed by a bench unlock with an Ecutek tune. I only observed it once where it was incredibly noticeable and it was in my spicy tune, so I was never sure if it was the tune or something else. It has happened a few times thereafter but less notably so, and again always after cold start up.

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
To the OP, as you initially stated, just take your car into the dealership and tell them that Apple Carplay is disconnecting intermittently and you heard that the latest Istep fixes the issue. It's a known problem/fix. That's what I did, and the dealership checked for updates and told me there were numerous updates available for my car, flashed it, and an hour later I was on my way...haven't had the throttle hesitation since.

OP
OP
HACKRCHILD

HACKRCHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
To the OP, as you initially stated, just take your car into the dealership and tell them that Apple Carplay is disconnecting intermittently and you heard that the latest Istep fixes the issue. It's a known problem/fix. That's what I did, and the dealership checked for updates and told me there were numerous updates available for my car, flashed it, and an hour later I was on my way...haven't had the throttle hesitation since.
Thanks. Waiting for the trained supra guy to be back next week. I’ll update how it goes, if not I’m gunna do the update myself…. Still have a bunch of stuff from my bmw.

MRT2

First Name
Titu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 CF Phantom, Honda Element, JKUR
I’ve taken my 100% stock Supra into the dealership to advise of the issue.

They told me they couldn’t reproduce the issue so they couldn’t update the system.

After some convincing, I was asking for a system update, not a part to be replaced. It would be the safer and more responsible task to complete (saving both time and money for a future visit if this issue should arise again), they agreed.

I gave them the specific iStep code and updates (and newer update codes since).

They advised they found the specific iStep update I suggested however couldn’t install it. They feel it couldn’t be installed because perhaps I already had a more recent update since the last time I brought it in for the Brake Recall (circa July ‘23)?

Currently awaiting for the throttle hesitation to show its head again. Unfortunately we don’t drive the Supra often so unsure when I’ll have another update to this forum.

I’m also looking for a fix, and it seems advising of intermittent CarPlay connection is the way to go.

Can anybody confirm this does actually work from their experience?
Sponsored