Not open for further replies.

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
I really feel like the title of this thread just describe the whole forum.

Honestly I be pretty ecstatic to see smart phone support from Android Auto and Carplay

an HUD would be kinda cool and the safety tech stuff that's not usually standard in all Toyota like the 360 Camera

I hope the screen is also flushed and nicely designed in the dash, I hate those tacky looking I tapped an IPAD on the dash thing. Make it nice and flushed like most Lexus... I know it stick up in the RX and UX and some others, I like it flushed like an LC.

wouldn't mind some luxury stuff it's a GT after all , I mean if they had a race trim and a luxury trim that be nice so that doesn't upset the hardcore, Heated steering wheel vented/heated seats etc.

Targa/convertible would be amazing. I don't want the Z4 lol

....hmm I feel like I'm describing a Lexus maybe this isn't for me hoepfully the next RC isn't so fat.
I would probably look forward to an LC F.
Honestly, I don't understand why Lexus is trying to be macho "no replacement for displacement" 5.0 liter V-8. Why not a turbo six?
Certainly the American big-block lovers will hate me for this, but we're JDM fans here. Right...?

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They both have similar design cues from certain angles. Both concepts also were design at the Calty.
Ohh.
I didn't notice that. I just thought maybe Toyota was hinting at the MkV one last time before release. Since Toyota owns Lexus...
Or maybe this is going to be the "signature rear fascia" for Toyota/Lexus sports cars.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I don't understand why Lexus is trying to be macho "no replacement for displacement" 5.0 liter V-8. Why not a turbo six?
Certainly the American big-block lovers will hate me for this, but we're JDM fans here. Right...?
Because it's a masterclass of an engine. Great noise, great response, and a very fitting engine for the chassis.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
It doesn't have anything to do with JDM it's

Well.. because when they made the LC they were targeting to complete with Aston Martin and other GT cars.

the whole Class is V8

DB11
Benz GTS
Jaguar Ftype
6 Series

I think the better question is why isn't the RCF a V6TT it's not in the same glass as a top GT like the LC it's in the class with the M3, Alfa Giulia etc.

Eventually like everyone else I'm sure Lexuswill downsize just like all the other industry trend.

maybe some electric assist v6 TT or something radical like that

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Because it's a masterclass of an engine. Great noise, great response, and a very fitting engine for the chassis.
I feel that way, but why not a low-displacement V10? Mini LFA!
It doesn't have anything to do with JDM it's

Well.. because when they made the LC they were targeting to complete with Aston Martin and other GT cars.

the whole Class is V8

DB11
Benz GTS
Jaguar Ftype
6 Series

I think the better question is why isn't the RCF a V6TT it's not in the same glass as a top GT like the LC it's in the class with the M3, Alfa Giulia etc.

Eventually like everyone else I'm sure Lexuswill downsize just like all the other industry trend.

maybe some electric assist v6 TT or something radical like that
And also, the DB11 is a V12, and the Jaguar F-type R is a supercharged eight.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
I feel that way, but why not a low-displacement V10? Mini LFA!

And also, the DB11 is a V12, and the Jaguar F-type R is a supercharged eight.
DB11 comes in V8 and V12 and even if it's Super charged it's still a v8 the point is they're all V8

no one at the moment does a 6 unless it's something radical like a 911 or I guess if you consider a GTR a GT car... it sort of is I guess.

Point in case most of these high end GT class is V8 and that's why Lexus doesn't do something smaller. at least for now imho.

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
*Case in point
Also, a Porsche with as much horsepower as an LC would be a 911 GT3. And those aren't really GT.
This is getting way off topic lol.

Anyone know when they'll show full performance data and release-spec interior and exterior photos?

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I really hope all of these are optional. Especially the Alexa stuff. Otherwise it'll be a bunch of modding to get rid of them.
What I hope for more than a no-infotainment option, is a regular instrument panel. Physical gauges are so much better for readability than screens, especially in evening sun glare or bright daylight. As I'm in Switzerland, it'd be basically illegal to replace a screen with something sensible, unless you pay out of your ass to get it homologated for street use.
Also, manual only for me, if there isn't one, it's a certain no-buy.
And cloth seats, maybe some nice recaro style seats, that'd be my wish.
I can share your feeling. I think, though, that you can go buy a Tremec T-56, take the shift boot off an old Celica, and install it in there for about $3k. It is front-engine RWD, so not much modding involved. That's your best bet if you want a manual tranny.
It's been done before, though; anyone seen the manual-swapped 991 GT3 RS?

Status
Not open for further replies.