HPDE and hot weather

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
East configuration. Thanks for the tip!
That's my favorite track and config. The last time I was on the East config, it was 118 in the shade.

This was on my Ducati (which runs very hot) and in my 1 piece racing suit. The track org would announce over the PA for each 20 min groups, to use the final lap as your cool down lap. This would also help not only the machine but your mind and body.
Sponsored

VegasSpeed97

First Name
Ryland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC 350, RX350
I live in Las Vegas and I never did HPDE events from June until early September as it was too much on your car. There are other factors as well like wearing a race suit in the heat if you do that. You can't run your AC all day that way or you shouldn't so that will make it less comfortable. Out here we went to Spring Mountain Motorsports in Pahrump, NV and I loved the January/February event as it might be 40's in the morning and 60's at the highest so it was good driving weather. It is just too hot with a race suit to wear above 100 degrees.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Start low 30’s cold to start

Look for wear on edges. Keep eye on temps
I was out at Pacific on a 95 degree day. Low 30s cold translated to about 40 warmed up on the stock PSSs. Might need to go down to about 27 cold to stay in a mid 30s hot range.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I was out at Pacific on a 95 degree day. Low 30s cold translated to about 40 warmed up on the stock PSSs. Might need to go down to about 27 cold to stay in a mid 30s hot range.
Possibly, everyone's climate is different. 30ish does great for first session or two. But i do end having to lower again at least once.

Check pressure and temps after each session.

You should be able to feel it get "greasy" when it beach balls. I can guess the pressure now fairly accurate by handling.

ps- there were a couple days that were so hot the pavement got to temps that velcro wouldn't have stuck to! pressure made little difference in the bite.
Sponsored