PSS HPDE hot tire pressures?

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
I know the tires are crap but for the time being save me some time and let me know what pressure I should be targeting. I have been chalking to look at rollover but other than that any suggestions to max out the grip from the PSSs?
Sponsored

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
I find a cold pressure of 28 psi yields the most even tirewear and grip, but the hot pressure does creep toward 38 psi after 20-25 minutes on track.

Joker328

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Red 3.0 Premium MT
I just ran them on my first track day with the Supra yesterday and they got up to about 41-42 hot the first session. I let air out throughout the day but kept them around 40 hot. I was trying to keep them from rolling too much as they are mainly my street tire, and I think I succeeded. Probably gave up some pace, but I wasn't timing or racing, so who cares. I'm sure I wasn't pushing them as hard as someone with more experience, but they held up well for 20 min sessions (better than the Conti Extreme Contact Sports I had on my last car). I had been looking for something better for track and maybe street duty, but I think I will just wait until the PSS's wear out.

Joker328

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Red 3.0 Premium MT
depends on your level. if you are beginner, start with OEM spec and see where you land as well as how grip feel since this also depends on the weather condition, track condition, & other factors.
Haha, looks like we replied at the same time. Great meeting you at the track and thanks for all the advice! Hope to see you again if I visit NJMP sometime in the future.

OP
OP
Eyelise

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I chalked them and shot for around 38-39. They do heat up quite a bit. BTW the nitron fill option is a joke. It was dealer installed on my car. No advantage at all and a waste of money.

OP
OP
Eyelise

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just ran them on my first track day with the Supra yesterday and they got up to about 41-42 hot the first session. I let air out throughout the day but kept them around 40 hot. I was trying to keep them from rolling too much as they are mainly my street tire, and I think I succeeded. Probably gave up some pace, but I wasn't timing or racing, so who cares. I'm sure I wasn't pushing them as hard as someone with more experience, but they held up well for 20 min sessions (better than the Conti Extreme Contact Sports I had on my last car). I had been looking for something better for track and maybe street duty, but I think I will just wait until the PSS's wear out.
3 track days and about 12+ sessions now each 20min or so. These tires must be rock hard not that much wear. Now I know I am not fast by any means but seriously very little wear. I would call them a 300++TW. I heard someone refer to them as Pilot Super Slippery the other day LOL. So far I have found they will not roll over at 38psi hot and I will likely go softer to max out the contact patch but still avoid roll over.

OP
OP
Eyelise

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was at club motor sports CMS this Sunday. Had an instructor and definitely picked up the speed. It seems 35-36 is a good temp hot for the PSSs. Mine are definitely starting to wear on the outside as expected wit so little camber. All in all the behavior has been very predictable, a bit of understeer and I can get into the ABS time and again.

brucebigbro

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
I ran with 32-33 hot. prob 24-27 cold , left front always needs lower cold pressure since my home track has more right turns.
Sponsored