I dont get where people say the supra is slow? I spent day at drag track and well...

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
So I have a locked 21. so I got a jb4. IM on pump 93 and have zero other mods. I pretty much spanked everything at the track that was street legal and even some of the not street legal stuff too. scat pack challenger ... beat it... modded carol Shelby gt500 ( not sure year)... beat it.... various mustangs, Camaros. civics and so on... yup beat them... the only street legal car that beat the supra was a demon with mods. and yes I have videos of all the slow times they put in. But my fav video of the day was this one below... guy in truck which I was told was about 700hp all modded up with the big fat drag tires. he comes up all loud burning tires ( best with sound) putting on a show all while my girl sits there... waiting... then the green he gets the jump on the old girl but then..... LOL loser.... My basically stock supra that only has a jb4 and nothing else on just pump gas was schooling cars left and right. I f'in love this car...

IMG_20210313_125342952.jpg
Sponsored

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
what map you running on the jb4? Impressive on pump gas

OP
OP

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
what map you running on the jb4? Impressive on pump gas
Map 4, and just 93 pure non-ethanol gas. No other mods on car.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Not sure on the B58 platform but I run jb4 at times on a Stinger. anything above map2 calls for higher octane or E30 at a minimum.

OP
OP

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Not sure on the B58 platform but I run jb4 at times on a Stinger. anything above map2 calls for higher octane or E30 at a minimum.
on supra map 4 says requires 93+ and/or e30 with a EWG sensor. which the new jb4 comes prewired with.

OP
OP

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
1/8 mile doesnā€™t count. lol your car will have advantage on most of those cars Bc of the super fast 0-60
win is a win . supra still aint slow. and if the challengers and , Camaros and mustangs aint from a dig cars then what are they? Thats their whole reason for existence. They aint top end cars thats for sure. all I know is people stopped wanting to be paired up against me LOL . I think i hurt some egos today.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Terry from BMS advised me to use e30 on map 3. If Iā€™m at 93 octane to go no higher than map 2

OP
OP

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Terry from BMS advised me to use e30 on map 3. If Iā€™m at 93 octane to go no higher than map 2
You in a 20 or 21? are you running the optional EWG sensor on the turbo? Their own sales material on their sales site shows dyno gains using map 3 with pump fuel. The app clearly states maps 3 and 4 are to be used with the Electronic waste gate sensor that I have. and both state 93+ pump fuel. Map 4 states 93+ pump gas and / or e30. map 2 only gets you about 3 psi of boost and no where near the 100 HP they advertise you can get on pump gas. In order to get the full 100hp on pump gas as they claim you need to be on map 4. And again that is on a 2021 3.0 with the electronic waste gate sensor installed. I dont know anything about the 2020 and I also know if you do not have the sensor then map 2 is recommended highest map to use. until 3/5/21 they did not include the EWG sensor so if you didn't buy it and install it yourself into the module then you dont have it and map 2 would be highest map.

I ran the car harder all day then i ran it the whole time I owned it sport mode all day, hard launches all day put about 300 miles on her... not a hickup. on just pump 93 gas. if your not suppose to go above map 2 then how do you get to the 100hp gain they claim you get from nothing more then pump gas? cause you cant get anywhere near that on map 2. If map 2 was highest I would have been able to go I wouldn't have bought this thing for a 20 hp gain not worth the price at that.

But at the end of the day this thread is about how great the supra is and how fast it is not a debate on which map Im using :) but ill e-mail them today just to double check. but if map 2 is highest map with pump gas then ill be requesting a refund because there is no way you are getting to the advertised no mods required 100 hp on pump gas they claim on map 2.

also something to consider they change maps on newer units and firmware. I saw in a older forum post that map 4 was only 6 psi and pump fuel. that was on firmware v13. they keep changing it I am on firmware v19 which has different maps.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
win is a win . supra still aint slow. and if the challengers and , Camaros and mustangs aint from a dig cars then what are they? Thats their whole reason for existence. They aint top end cars thats for sure. all I know is people stopped wanting to be paired up against me LOL . I think i hurt some egos today.
iā€™ll take the guy who knows what heā€™s doing over the guy with more horsepower. Good stuff.

that said, we do need a comprehensive JB4 thread...

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I also don't see that truck reeling you in near the end of the trap either. If anything you'll pull away further given more space. GJ.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
1/8 mile doesnā€™t count. lol your car will have advantage on most of those cars Bc of the super fast 0-60
That couldn't be any more wrong lmao.. 90% of the race is decided by the time you hit the 1/8.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
You in a 20 or 21? are you running the optional EWG sensor on the turbo? Their own sales material on their sales site shows dyno gains using map 3 with pump fuel. The app clearly states maps 3 and 4 are to be used with the Electronic waste gate sensor that I have. and both state 93+ pump fuel. Map 4 states 93+ pump gas and / or e30. map 2 only gets you about 3 psi of boost and no where near the 100 HP they advertise you can get on pump gas. In order to get the full 100hp on pump gas as they claim you need to be on map 4. And again that is on a 2021 3.0 with the electronic waste gate sensor installed. I dont know anything about the 2020 and I also know if you do not have the sensor then map 2 is recommended highest map to use. until 3/5/21 they did not include the EWG sensor so if you didn't buy it and install it yourself into the module then you dont have it and map 2 would be highest map.

I ran the car harder all day then i ran it the whole time I owned it sport mode all day, hard launches all day put about 300 miles on her... not a hickup. on just pump 93 gas. if your not suppose to go above map 2 then how do you get to the 100hp gain they claim you get from nothing more then pump gas? cause you cant get anywhere near that on map 2. If map 2 was highest I would have been able to go I wouldn't have bought this thing for a 20 hp gain not worth the price at that.

But at the end of the day this thread is about how great the supra is and how fast it is not a debate on which map Im using :) but ill e-mail them today just to double check. but if map 2 is highest map with pump gas then ill be requesting a refund because there is no way you are getting to the advertised no mods required 100 hp on pump gas they claim on map 2.

also something to consider they change maps on newer units and firmware. I saw in a older forum post that map 4 was only 6 psi and pump fuel. that was on firmware v13. they keep changing it I am on firmware v19 which has different maps.
I have a 2020 and have the ewg sensor. Iā€™m only saying what Terry from BMS said directly to me.
map 3 and 4 should be used with e30

I also donā€™t see on the maps /app the description for what is needed

OP
OP

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I also don't see that truck reeling you in near the end of the trap either. If anything you'll pull away further given more space. GJ.
exactly LOL

OP
OP

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I have a 2020 and have the ewg sensor. Iā€™m only saying what Terry from BMS said directly to me.
map 3 and 4 should be used with e30

I also donā€™t see on the maps /app the description for what is needed
Strange my app shows it on the maps... Newer version maybe? Hum you have me curious Ill send them an email to ask. Maybe its a 20/21 thing? or a firmware version? Thanks for the info Ill email them and see and get back with what I find.
Sponsored