If not the New Supra, then what?

What other car are you looking forward to?

• Mazda R7/8 successor

Votes: 38 36.5%
  • Nissan Z successor

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Honda S2000 successor

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • R36 GT-R

Votes: 25 24.0%

• Total voters

greaseman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rx7 FC
Mazda posted a new video showing off their concept coupe. I didn't know until now but apparently it's now called the "Vision Coupe" instead of the "Rx-Vision". Do you think they're still developing that new rotary?

Sponsored

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
^That has been around for quite sometime. It has nothing to do with the RX. Its a 4 door concept previewing the next Mazda6 sedan.

In other news, looks like Mercedes wants a piece of the pie. It will probably also fill in the gap left by the SLK/SLC.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...ch-enthusiast-sports-car-rival-porsche-cayman

Mercedes-AMG to launch 'enthusiast' sports car to rival Porsche Cayman

amg_coupe_final_cmyk.jpg
I guess the PROJECTONE will be their design language from here on

86Driver

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
Canā€™t believe how many negative comments there are about the Supra.

I think itā€™s shaping up nicely and as long as they price it right I reckon itā€™ll be a great car. Perhaps underrated and facing some tough competition, but still different and interesting enough for me. Right now, looking around the only other cars that make me excited would be the boxster or cayman really.

Last edited:

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
Pretty sure I've missed this but I dunno if it's been brought up.

But How many of you consider the Sister car the Z4 as an alternative?

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car
I do, but only due to local market issues: I highly doubt I can get Toyota to sell me a Supra in my country, they donĀ“t even sell the 86! BMW on the other hand will 100% bring the Z4. I could import the Supra but it`s a real hassle, no warranty, and at least 50% over the price on US market. We will see.

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
I do, but only due to local market issues: I highly doubt I can get Toyota to sell me a Supra in my country, they donĀ“t even sell the 86! BMW on the other hand will 100% bring the Z4. I could import the Supra but it`s a real hassle, no warranty, and at least 50% over the price on US market. We will see.
50% isn't bad. Try 115%. On top of the cost price.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I know your pain. We never got the A80 - all were japan imports. Hopefully that's turned around given Australia is a pretty good market for performance cars.

Importing an A90 from Japan would end up putting the costs around 130k USD for me.... if 60k USD is the rough price. :(

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
I know your pain. We never got the A80 - all were japan imports. Hopefully that's turned around given Australia is a pretty good market for performance cars.

Importing an A90 from Japan would end up putting the costs around 130k USD for me.... if 60k USD is the rough price. :(
do they sell Z4 in your neck of the woods?

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Yeah we get almost every euro car now. We're the third biggest market for AMG in the world, with a population of 25 million in the country the same size as USA lol

The GT86 was a huge hit here so I seriously doubt we'll miss out on the A90.... but if we do, that'd suck.

The things we miss out on include weird RWD sedans from Japan (but can import due to RHD) and all of the cool USA muscle cars (I'd love a Viper, but they're a $200,000 car once here and converted to RHD). Although apparently we may be getting the C7 corvette now they've killed the rear drive locally made Holden commodore (Chevy SS I think you guys called it?)

Shame you guys didn't get our Ford falcon. You'd have loved it. RWD sedan with 350kW supercharged 8 or 330kW turbo six. Cheap too

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
well you never know, things may change with the political climate here in the USA. We might get locked into US only cars or something crazy down the road. I sure hope everyone gets a chance to experience the A90 even if it's in Z4 form.
Sponsored