If not the New Supra, then what?

What other car are you looking forward to?

• Mazda R7/8 successor

Votes: 38 36.5%
  • Nissan Z successor

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Honda S2000 successor

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • R36 GT-R

Votes: 25 24.0%

• Total voters

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So the Tokyo auto show is starting to get a lot of buzz and quotes floating around saying this will be a revival of the early 90's glory days of Japan. I know we've all been waiting for the FT-1/Supra to be revealed. So besides this car what is the next car you are really looking forward to seeing?

Mazda RX7/8 successor
Nissan Z successor
Honda S2000 successor
(vote on poll above, you can vote for 1 or 2)

Personally the Supra heritage and the FT-1 striking concept is what brought me to wanting this car. But with so many mixed rumors, Toyota better get it right especially with it's competitors providing other options. I'm excited to see what these other brands bring to the table as well.
Sponsored

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
I want to see them come back with the sleek styling that they had in the 90's (aside from the S2000). I think that Mazda can do a pretty good job of that, but nothing I've seen from Nissan shows me that they can.

I had a '91 300ZX and people (dumb people) mistook it for a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, etc, fairly often. To be fair, it didn't look like any of those cars, but it stood out like those cars do. I don't know if Nissan has it in them to design a car like that these days. Mazda certainly seems to have the right design language to bring back the true spirit of the FD RX7.

If the S2000 makes a comeback I think that its design could be better than the last, which I thought was a little bland. They just need to leave the unibrow off of it like all of their current cars have.

2017-Honda-Civic-PLACEMENT-626x382.jpg

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
My pick would be the RX, I just hope its more compact and sleek like the FD vs that monstrosity RX8.

A few years back the Esflow concept was rumored to preview the design direction of the next Z.

Last edited:

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
I'd have to say that's pretty hideous.

I know I'm just biased - I want them to make a modern Z32. They want to make a modern Datsun 240Z.

OP
OP
Supraman

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ Not sure but I think there may be some queues from the Nissan IDX used since a lot of people liked this car but were upset when Nissan said they were not going to build it. I think it looked good and reminded me of a modern Datsun Z. I think the Z lost it's a way a bit with the last 2 generations.

Nissan-IDx-NISMO-concept-unloading.jpg

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
Been looking at the porsche 718 cayman lately. Test drove one last year and fell in love with the car.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
if we're just talking about appearances im going with Mazda. as a whole, Honda and Nissan's design has gone down the toilet.

i actually dont mind the Nissan concept. it kinda reminds me of the Supra prototype.

ESFLOW-003.jpg

toyota-supra-005_bigimage.jpg

Last edited:

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
I'd have to say that's pretty hideous.

I know I'm just biased - I want them to make a modern Z32. They want to make a modern Datsun 240Z.
I would say the front end is pretty hideous, yes. However, I really like side profile. I love the modern 240z look they were going for. I think this design will age a little better.

OP
OP
Supraman

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ that's a big market there. Would the NSX be a consideration?