If you can’t get a 23 Supra what’s your back up plan…

Choose one

• Total voters

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I

It is lottery allocated by dealer there is no ordering Type Rs
No, the OP is first in line for an allocation at the dealer. He may not want his spot in line if he gets his Supra

tooturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS
I decided months ago that if I couldn't secure an A91 MT SE Burnout ... it would be a 718 Cayman.
Good luck getting a 718 Cayman allocation, I've been on the waitlist for almost 16 months for a new 718 Cayman GTS. I reached out recently to all 4 of the Porsche dealers in my area, and a lot of them are saying it might be 3 years before you take delivery for any of their sports cars, unless you want to pay a huge premium over MSRP, and Porsche hasn't been really sending out any updates either so everyone seems to be in the dark.

Now I reserved a 2023 Supra because it has a MT option now, one option I thought it was lacking after testing a used one, and one of the reasons I chose a Cayman GTS over a Supra initially. The Toyota dealership I went to said they have been getting consistent Supra allocations as their sales volume is one of the highest in the area

speaser

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91 MT SE, 2019 TRD 4runner
Good luck getting a 718 Cayman allocation, I've been on the waitlist for almost 16 months for a new 718 Cayman GTS. I reached out recently to all 4 of the Porsche dealers in my area, and a lot of them are saying it might be 3 years before you take delivery for any of their sports cars, unless you want to pay a huge premium over MSRP, and Porsche hasn't been really sending out any updates either so everyone seems to be in the dark.

Now I reserved a 2023 Supra because it has a MT option now, one option I thought it was lacking after testing a used one, and one of the reasons I chose a Cayman GTS over a Supra initially. The Toyota dealership I went to said they have been getting consistent Supra allocations as their sales volume is one of the highest in the area
Well, I now have my A91-MT SE and couldn't be happier.

Here's what I'm looking at on Porsche's website. There are 718's readily available in "your area" according to this. Not sure why the dealers are telling you otherwise.

https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US...32.799475,-96.78687939999999,-1&order=closest

IMG-4004.JPG

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Based on what I've heard, it's not hard to get a "cookie cutter" Macan, Cayenne, or Taycan even, Porsche dealers have those in spades.

What is difficult to get are special Caymans and 911s, there is a shortlist of uh- highly liquid clients (maybe stock money) who usually get dibs even if something is listed.

So everyone else usually needs to shop it when it gets sold back to the dealer as a used model and marked up.

tooturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS
Based on what I've heard, it's not hard to get a "cookie cutter" Macan, Cayenne, or Taycan even, Porsche dealers have those in spades.

What is difficult to get are special Caymans and 911s, there is a shortlist of uh- highly liquid clients (maybe stock money) who usually get dibs even if something is listed.

So everyone else usually needs to shop it when it gets sold back to the dealer as a used model and marked up.
Pretty much.

Also that list only has 42 listed Caymans and Boxsters nationwide, which is not a lot to begin with. Only 5 are a GTS 4.0 L which is the lowest trim that has comparable power to the supra 3.0 and only one of those is a Cayman GTS but it's a PDK. So unless you are looking for a base Cayman the options are very limited and you have to wait.

The long wait is for buyers looking to get a new Porsche sports car built to their preferences since, pretty much anything on the car can be customized depending how much you want to spend.

All that considered just makes the Supra even more appealing to me since it's so much harder to get a cayman that has comparable performance to the supra and the cayman is $30k+ more expensive (even more with options)

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Ask yourself if you actually got a Cayman GT4 or GTS...would you be willing to drive it to Home Depot? I like to think the Supra is a go anywhere for whatever reason car. ;)

Romin91

First Name
Romin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91-MT, 13 Sonata SE 2.4
Ask yourself if you actually got a Cayman GT4 or GTS...would you be willing to drive it to Home Depot? I like to think the Supra is a go anywhere for whatever reason car. ;)
It's not super car like a 918 or Carrera GT, why would someone not daily it ? lol

Ps: to answer OPs question, I'd get a used m340 instead, even though no MT at least I can have 1 car instead of 2, with a Supra I'd definitely need a winter car with enough space.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
It's not super car like a 918 or Carrera GT, why would someone not daily it ? lol

Ps: to answer OPs question, I'd get a used m340 instead, even though no MT at least I can have 1 car instead of 2, with a Supra I'd definitely need a winter car with enough space.
It depends haha there’s a few of us that have daily driven our Supras thru winter haha

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Why in the fuck would you not?
Guess it depends on where you live. They are as common as seeing a GTI down here in SWFL. No one bats an eye 👁. A neighbor has a newer Ferrari and 2 Teslas. Gotta admit, I do stare at the Ferrari every time.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I'd drive super cars to Home Depot too, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's just chunks of metal.
Lol I daily mine but I still park tf away from everyone haha

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
If I can't get a '23 MT I will likely end up going with a 2020-21 M2C MT. Certainly not my first choice, but if there are deals to be had on a clean CPO unit I'd consider it. Especially if the price is right in the middle of winter. I also think we're heading into a recession and it looks like supply chain & chip shortage issues are at long last starting to slowly get worked out. So maybe, just maybe in the next 6-9 months the used car market starts to at least resemble something normal.

What I really want, even more so than a '23 MT Supra, is a stripper C8 Corvette (1LT or 2LT) with Z51 Pkg. at a reasonable price.
Sponsored