Installed Eibach Z4 3.0 lower springs .8” drop

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
Quick question, my E10-20-046-02-22 springs arrived today :D. Surprised not to see any bump stops in the box, I know some people have trimmed them, but also that others have new ones supplied. Expected the newer kits to come with. Odd it's so inconsistent. No spring isolators either, assume I just move those over from OEM springs and fit in the same place?
I did not cut the bump stop on these springs because it did not drop the car a lot so i figure the strut wouldn’t travel that far. I have tracked and autox with it and never bottomed out. The ride is very close to oem on regular and a bit tighter on sports mode. I have also read that these bump stops also act as a part of the spring system as well. Anyways can’t go wrong both ways
Sponsored

Illest1Five

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Supra MT 45th Anniversary, '06 Impreza STI
Thanks for the advice. Did you reinstall the bolt before or after reattaching the shock absorber? Not sure what order is easier.
I installed the lower shock absorber bolt before the hub bolt. I used a pry bar + thick screwdriver + jack to shift the spring cradle to align the hub hole.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
I installed the lower shock absorber bolt before the hub bolt. I used a pry bar + thick screwdriver + jack to shift the spring cradle to align the hub hole.
Put one side back together yesterday using the same approach and it was a piece of pisss, no more than a few minutes of messing about.

Safe to say the other side will now be a total nightmare! :D

Illest1Five

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Supra MT 45th Anniversary, '06 Impreza STI
Put one side back together yesterday using the same approach and it was a piece of pisss, no more than a few minutes of messing about.

Safe to say the other side will now be a total nightmare! :D
Good luck - hope the other side goes smoothly!

I am not looking forward to repeating these steps + aligning the subframe mount holes when I install rear sway bars. 😫
Sponsored