Installed H&R Lowering, now my car is veering to the right

Bern77

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MK5
So I installed H&R lowering springs on my Supra 1 inch in the front .75 in the rear. Now the car starts veering slightly to the right when I drive over 50 mph. Went to get an alignment one week after but the shop said everything is spot on, no need for an alignment. Tire pressure are good on all four tires. The front passenger is slightly lower by 1/10 or 1/8 of an inch. Donā€™t know if this will cause it to veer to the right. Has anyone had this issue before. I canā€™t figure it out and itā€™s driving me nuts. If anyone can help me out, I definitely appreciate it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bern77

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MK5
I personally installed the springs and Network Alignment was the shop that said Toe, Caster and Camber are all on point.

Kujiwara

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra AT Stratosphere, GLI32, SVT Cobra
Get your car onto a drive-on lift, loosen all the control arm and link bolts, and then retorque. The bushings are under tension and need to be reset at ride height. Then redo the wheel alignment as your ride height will very likely change after resetting the bushing. Also make sure the springs are seated properly

AZ Zupra

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2009 GX470
I see your location is Phoenix. You didn't go to the the Network Alignment on 67th and Bethany Home road did you? I took my Supra there after I did coilovers and I swear the car is still a little off. Only really noticeable when accelerating hard though. Eventually I'll bite the bullet and take it to Forza Alignment in Tempe.

I personally installed the springs and Network Alignment was the shop that said Toe, Caster and Camber are all on point.

OP
OP

Bern77

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MK5
Get your car onto a drive-on lift, loosen all the control arm and link bolts, and then retorque. The bushings are under tension and need to be reset at ride height. Then redo the wheel alignment as your ride height will very likely change after resetting the bushing. Also make sure the springs are seated properly
I definitely appreciate the feedback will try it this weekend.

OP
OP

Bern77

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MK5
I see your location is Phoenix. You didn't go to the the Network Alignment on 67th and Bethany Home road did you? I took my Supra there after I did coilovers and I swear the car is still a little off. Only really noticeable when accelerating hard though. Eventually I'll bite the bullet and take it to Forza Alignment in Tempe.
I went to the one on Cave Creek Rd. Iā€™ll check out Forza this weekend. I appreciate it.

jonezj

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0
If the shop is going by OEM specs itā€™s pretty much impossible that your camber is ā€œin specā€ after lowering the car an inch. Take it to the shop that does race car things

exe36m3

First Name
Percy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
So, I've been around BMWs for over 20+ years. They are VERY sensitive to toe-settings. Meaning if one side reads 1.1 the other side needs to be 1.1. If the opposite side is 1.3 the car does weird things when cornering and definitely at highway speeds.

So tell the tech to match both sides. This isn't a Corolla where you can be off like .5 on the toe and it still tracks straight.

OP
OP

Bern77

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MK5
So, I've been around BMWs for over 20+ years. They are VERY sensitive to toe-settings. Meaning if one side reads 1.1 the other side needs to be 1.1. If the opposite side is 1.3 the car does weird things when cornering and definitely at highway speeds.

So tell the tech to match both sides. This isn't a Corolla where you can be off like .5 on the toe and it still tracks straight.
I appreciate the feedback. Thank you

Afterburn 549

First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR 3.0
If one replaces springs, dont you have to do a corner balance to get it correct?
In any other car it would have tp happen as springs are not purrfect

saik

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Tungsten
For general knowledge purposes, did you ever fix the issue?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
If one replaces springs, dont you have to do a corner balance to get it correct?
In any other car it would have tp happen as springs are not purrfect
If your springs came with height adjustable spring collars/seats you do have the option to get the car corner balanced with you in the car. However, most lowerings springs alone will not come with them and you're bascially playing with luck. And it is very important to torque the suspension parts while the weight is on the car.. and proper alignment.

The more you know, the less you want to mess with suspension if you're lazy like me. I've done my share of suspension mods through the decades. The Supra rides pretty low as it is and wheel gap is not retarded like the Lexus RC's so I'm leaving mine alone.
Sponsored