Insurance question --Those with modifications, please chime in

VinDiesell

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Porsche 911 RS
I'm inclined to believe him and don't think or see a reason why he'd lie about that. Did you ever see his build? That man is detail oriented to a T and he had a lot of money dumped into that car. Would be super shitty if all he got was the market value of a stock version of a Supra.
Oh man people lie on the internet all the time for no reason. I have. But I'm talking from experience, and I've been told stories from other friends with the same insurance company.
But even if you provide them with the receipts, you are not getting 100% of your money back. The value of aftermarket parts deteriorates quickly. You should be able to haggle for an improved settlement offer whether your car was modified or not. Those aftermarket parts typically add sod-all to your car value and often devalue it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Oh man people lie on the internet all the time for no reason. I have. But I'm talking from experience, and I've been told stories from other friends with the same insurance company.
But even if you provide them with the receipts, you are not getting 100% of your money back. The value of aftermarket parts deteriorates quickly. You should be able to haggle for an improved settlement offer whether your car was modified or not. Those aftermarket parts typically add sod-all to your car value and often devalue it.
I hear ya, I just don't think he happens to be lying. But yeah, I wouldn't expect to get 100% back, but I would want to get something back, even if it was just a percentage. And I can see how aftermarket parts would/could and most of the time actually do devalue a car. But for example, I have roughly $8,000 in paint protection film on my car. That most certainly wouldn't devalue the car and could even potentially help it maintain its value. So if my car were to be involved in an accident where its totaled, I would hope to get some of that PPF money back from insurance.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Okay.

[Removed proof because no one really has any business knowing what my payout was.]

Also, I never claimed to get all my money back. But it was significant. Also, my car was assessed as a specialty vehicle.

Edit: Thanks @Jmanlevan for not quoting my post when I had that information up. I just can't stand people who think they know everything and spread misinformation.
Sponsored

Last edited: