Intake Manifolds

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Not sure yet. One seems too good to be true and one I know requires saying good bye to AC. I'm not about that life.

Once I get confirmation I'll post what I know
EOSpeed's Prototype means no AC and no Aux coolers. It's not great for a street application.

1690675644709.png

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
EOSpeed's Prototype means no AC and no Aux coolers. It's not great for a street application.

1690675644709.png
The other option supposedly lets you keep everything. I emailed them today, but I don't expect to hear back from them until Monday.

Reactions: zrk

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Never heard back from the people doing the other FMIC. But seems there is a 3rd option being worked from the conversation I was having with my local shop. I can not remember anything that was being said. I did remember this though:

Doteki has a manifold solution.

https://dotekiautosolutions.com/products/das-intake-manifold

IMG_7327.jpg

I'm think I may skip out on a FMIC and just go with the integrated stuff.

Kmj442

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 RDX, '12 Cooper S
Never heard back from the people doing the other FMIC. But seems there is a 3rd option being worked from the conversation I was having with my local shop. I can not remember anything that was being said. I did remember this though:

IMG_7327.jpg

looking forward to reading some reviews. I'm still a novice but want to get more into track (HPDE) days and I think this will be my last upgrade until I'm confident with more power.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra

Ohh it says it may become CARB approved as well!

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Got some fun data here on track comparing two Supras on the same day, in the same session, running similar lap times, 0:57.4 vs 0:57.0

Supra #1
My 2020 Supra with:
Wagner Manifold
Triple7 GT4 replica hood vent
Pure 700
E40 tune 22-23psi

Supra #2
@garudathree's 2021 Supra with:
OEM Manifold
Triple7 GT4 replica hood vent
OEM Turbo
OEM Tune/Power

Both data bits are three laps into the session, one whole lap: beginning, middle, and end.

Supra #1

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 11.01.43 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 11.06.17 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 11.01.54 AM.png

Supra #2

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 3.14.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 3.14.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 3.15.03 PM.png

Last edited:

Adrian

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Interesting razorlab. Huge difference. Especially as you are in a higher state of tune.

How many hours did the install of your manifold take?

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Outstanding data. Obviously the Wagner intake manifold is doing it's job (even though it's not an EOS and doesn't cost $5k).

Seems as though this would be a worthwhile upgrade even on a tuned OEM turbo for track usage. I'm not quite ready to chop up my hood yet, so an intake manifold seems like a good solution. Maybe eventually I'll grow a pair...😆

I am very curious if a forced air induction mod ala GT4 that sends cold, pressurized air to the airbox makes a significant difference. Verus and Toyota seem to think so...

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
How many hours did the install of your manifold take?
I didn't keep track but if I had to guess, taking my sweet time, about 4 hours? OEM manifold is cake to take off except for the coolant connections, which took most of the time. The Wagner connections are easier since they are located at the back of the manifold instead of underneath, but getting the connections on with the VERY limited space in the back took some time as well.

Slw_B58

First Name
Pouyan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

IMG_7327.jpg

I am running this manifold in my car actually. It does very well keeping the car cool. I have 40-130 logs and track day logs that I can share.

My IATs are usually only 10 above ambient, and then after a WOT multi gear pull it goes up around only 15 degrees.

One important factor to consider is that not every car is the same. I have seen good temps with stock turbo 93 stage 1 cars, but that same car with a pretty maxed out stock turbo can’t handle the high charge temps.

my charge temps hit high 300 during track days after continuous WOTs, so best way to compare these manifold is to include Charge pipe temp in the logs as well.

my Charge temp vs IAT has more than 240F delta. My temps right now in 80F amb temp is better than stock mani 50F amb temp.

7BB2215C-F101-4892-B7C4-C9D1613F15D8.jpeg

FBA0337A-609A-41EE-BBE7-D26CE6C8CC88.jpeg

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
my charge temps hit high 300 during track days after continuous WOTs, so best way to compare these manifold is to include Charge pipe temp in the logs as well.

my Charge temp vs IAT has more than 240F delta. My temps right now in 80F amb temp is better than stock mani 50F amb temp.
Shhh. if you bring up ambient, pre-manifold charge temp deltas and other nonsense like recovery time the 1/4 mile guys are going to throw a fit and yell "THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS IAT" into the void of 8 secs.

giphy.gif

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Shhh. if you bring up ambient, pre-manifold charge temp deltas and other nonsense like recovery time the 1/4 mile guys are going to throw a fit and yell "THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS IAT" into the void of 8 secs.

giphy.gif
But he lives his life 10 seconds at a time.

Slw_B58

First Name
Pouyan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
L

giphy.gif
lmao!!!!
Yeah I understand what you mean. If they care about IAT might as well run nitrous and meth to cool the IAT down in that 10 seconds, or run Ice box setup and bring ice and drain the water every pass lolll.
Sponsored