Interview Questions for Detroit from the Fans

What 2018 Auto Show do you Toyota will pick for a possible unveiling?

• Detroit

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Chicago

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • New York

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Geneva

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Los Angeles

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Pebble Beach Concours D'Eleganc

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • None of the above, it will take place at a 2019 auto show.

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
Guff: OK, so that covers the questions from the fans -
Toyota Rep: Really? 3 questions, who'd have thought it'd be so easy! Ha ha! Though I admit you really hammered me on the manual transmission thing. Ha ha!
Guff: Yes,well that was from the "fans", this 6-inch thick stack over here is from the... um..."not fans"
Toyota Rep: ...
Sponsored

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Guff: OK, so that covers the questions from the fans -
Toyota Rep: Really? 3 questions, who'd have thought it'd be so easy! Ha ha! Though I admit you really hammered me on the manual transmission thing. Ha ha!
Guff: Yes,well that was from the "fans", this 6-inch thick stack over here is from the... um..."not fans"
Toyota Rep: ...
Guff:
tenor (1).gif

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
I'm confident he won't answer this question because it will potentially lower sales of the base model if the "alpha" car is much superior, but should we expect major engine changes (internal) in future higher performance models or is it going to remain with the same base engine just with minor external upgrades that someone with a 2020 MY could upgrade to?

For example the BRZ/86 had a 5hp increase in 2017 due to the aluminum intake manifold and some minor head changes (most likely just a tune) that could be easily be swapped over/applied to a 2013 MY.

Or Something like the 2UR-GSE that had 416HP initially then 467 in the RC-F and then 471 in the LC500 thanks to higher compression pistons. This is still doable on an older ISF but much more expensive than simple bolt-ons.

Or is it going to be a completely different platform like the Mk III Supra with the B58 being the 7M and the "alpha" getting the 1JZ?

Edit: The answer to this question will decide weather me (and probably many more) will buy the MKV now or wait for the alpha. Hopefully they shed some light at the reveal today.

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
No, I think the inability of 900 to sell speaks more of the attitudes of the people. It is them saying they did not have enough faith in Toyota to make a worthy successor to the Supra. We will see tomorrow morning whether they were right or wrong.
I think youā€™re right but surely itā€™s Toyotas failure to understand their market? Or do they not care what the fanboys think and feel they have targeted people who are actually likely to buy one?

Iā€™ll reword my question:
Why do you think 900 units didnā€™t sell when competitors who offer limited preorders often end up with customers in bidding wars over one of the spots?

Itā€™s quite an aggressive question but itā€™d be interesting to hear their thoughts. Personally I think itā€™s just a massive marketing fail rather than any real issue with the product (I donā€™t like the looks but that is a personal thing so not a ā€˜faultā€™).

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster
When can we buy it?
Scratch that!! When can we take delivery!

Edit: Found my answer on Reddit!

"The first one will go on sale in July, so start taking orders. - Jack Hollis Toyota VP and GM.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.