Our LIVE 2020 Supra Coverage and Interviews From Detroit Auto Show!

Bosstee

First Name
Bastian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
That really sucks. I was also off and on to travel to Detroit, flight prices were reasonable.....even took half of the week off.
If I would have gone, I would have been soooo mad. Didn't expect that, because like you said they let you sit in almost anything at the IAA in Frankfurt...especially cars in that class and category.

Anyway, If I recall correctly, the German reservation T&C said that if you order the car they will let you test drive it before you get it and if you don't like it, you can still cancel your order and will get your reservation fee back.

Have a safe trip and if you get a chance visit the GM HQ. They offer free tours and you can sit in every car they have there:drive:
Sponsored

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
Thank you all guys! I walked around the exhibition for several hours and came back again to the Supra, but there was still no way to get inside.

@MA617M Thank you so much! But if you’re talking about an event in Australia I’m out. This is way too far away from home. ;)

That's absurd, given they let wanker "youtubers" crawl over the car.

Get a gimbal mount and say you're with media?

The local au supra club will most likely get an invite to the Launch/track event down here - I'm still chatting to Toyota Australia head office. If you still haven't been able to sit in one, let me know and join us as a guest. You can drive one of my supras to the event if you like.

SilverMk2

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
85 Supra 2JZ VVTI
They never let you open the doors or even get close to most of the nicer cars at auto shows in the US. People steal and destroy just about anything they can. Media day is a little different because they don't let the general public in.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
They never let you open the doors or even get close to most of the nicer cars at auto shows in the US. People steal and destroy just about anything they can. Media day is a little different because they don't let the general public in.
That's my gripe with the R35

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Yeah Australia is a very long way... From everything!

We don't get auto shows anymore, but when we did we could crawl over everything
Sponsored