2020 Toyota Supra Officially Announced, Debuts in January (Detroit Auto Show)

Will the "embargo" be broken before Detroit?

• Yes, the press embargo will be broken before the Detroit Auto Show.

• No, automotive journalists may be tempted... but it won't happen.

• What's an "embargo"?

• It's 2021, I know what happened.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
OK. So we should see the first YouTube clips up by about 10:30ish and by 10:45 the comments section will look like:

RandoTroll6969 1 minute ago
THIS IS NOT A SUPRA!!! I used to race the Supra in Need For Speed for hours when I was 9. This was my DREAM CAR! Now they've ruined my childhood. Worse than the Ghostbusters reboot!!1!
14.5K Likes

MKIVGod 2 minutes ago
The new Zupra gave me cancer. Toyota should be ashamed. SMH
848 Likes

McWicked 8 minutes ago
Looks pretty good
4 Likes

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
OK. So we should see the first YouTube clips up by about 10:30ish and by 10:45 the comments section will look like:

RandoTroll6969 1 minute ago
THIS IS NOT A SUPRA!!! I used to race the Supra in Need For Speed for hours when I was 9. This was my DREAM CAR! Now they've ruined my childhood. Worse than the Ghostbusters reboot!!1!
14.5K Likes

MKIVGod 2 minutes ago
The new Zupra gave me cancer. Toyota should be ashamed. SMH
848 Likes

McWicked 8 minutes ago
Looks pretty good
4 Likes
You missed one
"That's a nice BMW"

kaneda

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kaneda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dodge Demon, 2018 Civic Type R
The Supra Deserved a Better (more iconic) Launch

Marketing is my career and watching how this iconic car has been launched is so heartbreaking. This is the most exciting Toyota product and the most iconic Toyota brand...it deserved so much more than this piss poor launch.

Here I am, already having seen the car now multiple times in the past week and there's a countdown clock on this site to the debut in 16 days. THE CAR HAS BEEN DEBUTED now like 30 times. In camo. In games. In renderings. In GTR form. But there has been ZERO marketing strategy behind this car. Zero attempt to launch it properly and generate the right type of hype.

Look at how Dodge marketed the Demon. And Dodge is fucking BROKE and they were able to create more hype and fanfare for that car that any other manufacturer around. Now the Demon is a legend, not just because of the performance, but because of the lore Dodge created around the car.

The two HUGE enthusiast launches happening at NAIAS are this Supra and new Ford GT500. Both cars deserved an iconic marketing / launch strategy and they both have been given the most piss poor, lazy, pathetic car launches I've ever seen. WHY!?!??! WHY!?!??!?!

Think of all the amazing ways, the creative ways, you could have revealed the SUPRA to the world for the first time. Now think of how they did it. Is there not a single creative person over their at Toyota? Rant over.

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
^
Thanks for sharing. I actually don't pay attention to the marketing strategy around cars. It's mostly the same recycled crap about "heritage" and "racing DNA". As far as the great marketing for Demon goes... I missed that as well. I remember the debut though. The burnout was cool. Could have done without the dumb CGI robo-cat and the explosions. But based on the fact that I remembered it, you'd tick that off as a success.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Supra Deserved a Better (more iconic) Launch

Marketing is my career and watching how this iconic car has been launched is so heartbreaking. This is the most exciting Toyota product and the most iconic Toyota brand...it deserved so much more than this piss poor launch.

Here I am, already having seen the car now multiple times in the past week and there's a countdown clock on this site to the debut in 16 days. THE CAR HAS BEEN DEBUTED now like 30 times. In camo. In games. In renderings. In GTR form. But there has been ZERO marketing strategy behind this car. Zero attempt to launch it properly and generate the right type of hype.

Look at how Dodge marketed the Demon. And Dodge is fucking BROKE and they were able to create more hype and fanfare for that car that any other manufacturer around. Now the Demon is a legend, not just because of the performance, but because of the lore Dodge created around the car.

The two HUGE enthusiast launches happening at NAIAS are this Supra and new Ford GT500. Both cars deserved an iconic marketing / launch strategy and they both have been given the most piss poor, lazy, pathetic car launches I've ever seen. WHY!?!??! WHY!?!??!?!

Think of all the amazing ways, the creative ways, you could have revealed the SUPRA to the world for the first time. Now think of how they did it. Is there not a single creative person over their at Toyota? Rant over.
The marketing has been happening in Japan.

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I hope the Supra will live up to all the hype and expectations; and not be like the Honda NSX, that was upstaged by the Ford GT at the 2015 NAIAS.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
^^ It won't. Ford won't have a second chance this time around. It's a completely different ballgame as well. The Supra will be the ultimate star of the show, and will be the one that everyone will remember and take away from NAIAS. Toyota and Lexus are not like Acura and Honda, these guys are worth a lot more than the latter two.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^^ It won't. Ford won't have a second chance this time around. It's a completely different ballgame as well. The Supra will be the ultimate star of the show, and will be the one that everyone will remember and take away from NAIAS. Toyota and Lexus are not like Acura and Honda, these guys are worth a lot more than the latter two.
Besides,no one knew the Ford GT was coming.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.