Interview Questions for Detroit from the Fans

What 2018 Auto Show do you Toyota will pick for a possible unveiling?

• Detroit

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Chicago

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • New York

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Geneva

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Los Angeles

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Pebble Beach Concours D'Eleganc

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • None of the above, it will take place at a 2019 auto show.

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Death666wish_

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mitsubishi lancer 5-speed (out of commission), 1991 Firebird Formula (out of commission), 2008 Toyota Camry
Unfortunately my question wouldn't be answered. I would like to know if the bottom end and internals are the same as the German Supra. However it seems like they won't be the same according to @PerformanceSound
Sponsored

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4
When will they be re-releasing a limited run of MKIV Supras to the general public? Just make 1500-2000... they will sell out before they release the first MKV

NOx31

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Toyota Supra twin turbo auto, 2013 Toyota GT86 manual
I would like to know the complete package that comes with the (European) "club A900 membership" extra's. Will it be trackdays, advanced (racing) school etc., or just a couple of gadgets in a goodiebag with the Supra-logo embroided on it?

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I believe that's been asked and the answer was $$$
Idk if I'm buying that excuse. In the one of the Z4 videos it said they spent like $200 million on the R&D of the rear axle alone. I'm not a designer or engineer, but how much does it really cost to just reshape the mirror caps?

So I guess my question would be, if cost was a factor, then why didn't Toyota look into their own part bin? The ones on the new Camry look a hell of a lot better.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
What happened to the S-FR? Also will the 4 cyl Supra replace the 86 in the line up?

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Idk if I'm buying that excuse. In the one of the Z4 videos it said they spent like $200 million on the R&D of the rear axle alone. I'm not a designer or engineer, but how much does it really cost to just reshape the mirror caps?

So I guess my question would be, if cost was a factor, then why didn't Toyota look into their own part bin? The ones on the new Camry look a hell of a lot better.
Sure, but that cost for the rear axel is spread across most of their lineup. It wasn't developed for these 2 cars.

This is a BMW. It's not cost efficient to ship parts from Japan to Austria. Also, every manufacturer builds things a little differently. I'm sure BMW avoided having actual Toyota parts on this thing as much as possible, if not entirely. Very curious if there are any Toyota made parts on this thing at all. Computers for safety sense would be it I would guess.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Does the new Supra meet Toyota's reliability standards despite having BMW components?
Yes, this was 100% required no exceptions, just as was the case for the 86.

There is zero tolerance for not complying with this company wide.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
When will they be re-releasing a limited run of MKIV Supras to the general public? Just make 1500-2000... they will sell out before they release the first MKV
What good would that do?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.