Is my hood messed up?

Lithic

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1988
I went on a bender a few months ago trying to figure out if mine was messed up as well. My conclusion was it's a mixed bag. On Instagram you'll see just as many Supras with misaligned hoods as ones with perfect alignment. I have the exact same issue as OP, highly doubt Toyota will do anything about it as it just seems to be a temperamental issue that things like ambient temp will affect. Some days, mine is perfect, some days, it is not. *shrug 100% of people I've asked to see if my hood looks misaligned on off days have said it looks fine to them.
Sponsored

SZcowKing

First Name
STEVEN
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 SUPRA 3.0
this is a manufacture Assembly issue, i noticed this when i first time see the car at the dealer after a day it arrived , then i adjusted the hood but chipped off the paint on the hinge nuts. i first noticed was the hood doesn't line up with the driver side fender. and also alot of misalignment on the bumper and hood...here is my original post...https://www.supramkv.com/threads/hood-alignment-issue.10973/#post-161314

111.png

22222222.png

SZcowKing

First Name
STEVEN
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 SUPRA 3.0
Same. They gouged some of the paint on the inside of my fender somehow when charging and re-initializing the battery. :rolleyes: I shudder to think what would happen if they were actually intentionally banging on things. LOL.

There's a bit of gap/misalignment on several of my panels... not enough to really notice until washing it though.
are you a 2022 model? misalignment from hood to fender, hood to bumper.... and the aluminum corssbar rattle.....

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
are you a 2022 model? misalignment from hood to fender, hood to bumper.... and the aluminum corssbar rattle.....
Nope, I'm a 2020 (Sept 2019 build) but had a bit of hood to fender misalignment. Hood to bumper seems good, and originally I thought the crossbar had a rattle but it was just the cover not being completely clicked into place. I've got a ton of rattles in other places I'm slowly tracking down and fixing however. :rolleyes: