Is this ds-1 downpipe flange weld a problem?

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
I just received a DS-1 downpipe, and the flange is welded about a millimeter off center. Is this a functional problem or simply a cosmetic level issue?

Obviously I wish it was welded up perfectly rather than looking like someone was in a rush, but I don't care if it's not going to be a potential performance or longevity problem.

Right side where the flange is shifted right:
flangeright.jpg

left side where you can see the weld filling in the gap:
flangeleft.jpg
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
As long as there are no leaks, this is only a cosmetic issue.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I am not a welder, so maybe someone who knows more can provide input, but I would think with a bunch of (high temp) heat cycles, this is going to be a problem.

OP
OP
Toast

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
May I ask when and where you ordered? I’m hoping I receive one.
ECS Tuning, last week. I've been scanning suppliers daily for weeks. ECS Tuning said they truly had exactly one in stock, so I ordered it. Now I'm wondering if I got a return, not that I care as long as it's functional.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
ECS Tuning, last week. I've been scanning suppliers daily for weeks. ECS Tuning said they truly had exactly one in stock, so I ordered it. Now I'm wondering if I got a return, not that I care as long as it's functional.
All vendors are waiting for CG to get it in stock.
Being that they only had one after all these months of this item not being available, you either got a return or it was sitting unnoticed somewhere in the warehouse and they just found it.

Hopefully my order with @Extreme Power House is fulfilled this month. CG should have supply.
CG precision informed us that they are very close to fulfilling all pre-orders, i will keep you guys posted.

OP
OP
Toast

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
CG precision informed us that they are very close to fulfilling all pre-orders, i will keep you guys posted.
I wish I could have waited for the spring shipment from you guys. I'm not as worried about warranty work at this point. Your company was good to work with, though.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I wish I could have waited for the spring shipment from you guys. I'm not as worried about warranty work at this point. Your company was good to work with, though.
Thank you :thumbsup:
Sponsored