Is this Supra worth $149,999?

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
great find! So the dealer is asking almost twice as much. I guess it's more like clickbate and dealer has no plan to sell it. not that I'm not sure anyone will..
Yeah, that sounds more like what a greedy dealership will do. That's very similar to the other Toyota dealership that bought a low mileage MKIV for 121K and then listed it for sale on their showroom for 500K. o_O

https://jalopnik.com/the-1994-toyota-supra-that-sold-for-121-000-on-bring-a-1831800363

That $80k includes the $30k cash he won with the car. So, even they valued the car at $50k.

One random owner and three months later and the value goes up $100k? Yeah, no.
He even tried to sell it on the Supra FB groups and nobody bit. He probably traded it in to the dealership and they thought they hit the jackpot.
Sponsored

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Nope! Not even worth the 80K that 80eighty approximated.

80eighty-dream-car-giveaway-34-winner.jpg

https://80eighty.com/dream-car-giveaway-winner-dcg34
He even tried to sell it on the Supra FB groups and nobody bit. He probably traded it in to the dealership and they thought they hit the jackpot.
Wow, hopefully he needed the money for a good reason. Sounds like he didn't want the car anymore, even a free one lol Idk if I could sell a free-to-me car that's still new-ish.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wow, hopefully he needed the money for a good reason. Sounds like he didn't want the car anymore, even a free one lol Idk if I could sell a free-to-me car that's still new-ish.
Well it's not essentially free. Taxes on sweepstake prices are pretty high, I think 1/3 of the value of the vehicle, maybe not the MSRP value but after it's modded. Who knows. There's always a catch with these things.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Well it's not essentially free. Taxes on sweepstake prices are pretty high, I think 1/3 of the value of the vehicle, maybe not the MSRP value but after it's modded. Who knows. There's always a catch with these things.
I think I saw he also won $30K in cash in addition to the car? Probably to pay the tax initially. I would imagine he would still be on the hook for the tax on the car and cash at the end of the year?

Last edited:

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think I saw he also won $30K in cash in addition to the car? Probably to pay the tax initially. I would imagine he would still be on the hook for the tax at the end of the year?
Yeah, there was an additional 30K on top of the car, also taxed. I saw it for sale on the Supra FB group a few months ago.

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
If I won that car, I too would have sold it, or traded for a stock one, and still had cash for mods that I would personally want/like. I am not a fan of this body mod as it and many others simply deter from the great lines the body already has, and most of the lowered after market suspensions do not actually improve track capabilities, and are mostly aesthetic.
Sponsored