It's going to be a liftback!

Are backseats a must have for you?

• Yes, I would not buy if it is not a 2+2.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I would prefer a 2+2, but it is not a deal-breaker.

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • No, I would rather have a 2 seater anyways.

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 13 19.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
The biggest mistake most of us are making is thinking the Z4 = the supra no it's NOT

There are a lot of cars out there that share chassis but there dimensions are completely different. the purpose of these partnership is not to build the same exact car and slap different badges on it. am very sure if this supra looks exactly the way it looks right now and they said it share the same platform with a BMW 2 series we won't be having this argument

SAME CHASSIS DON'T MEAN SAME DIMENSIONS/CONFIGURATION
SUPRA != BMW Z
lol? I'm not the one guessing on the same dimensions. Plenty of users here have come to the conclusion that the Z4 and Supra share the same wheelbase which is nearly identical to the current Z4's. What is there to assume?

Is this better?

2016-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-Interior-Seats.jpg

P1190027.jpg
do you think there is space behind that cover/carpeting? i just see the frame

47890042d1433436940-new-roll-bar-c7-z06-roll.jpg

compare to gutted rx7

dsc01510-jpg.jpg

My point was its about the same amount of space as the MK4. BMW/Toyota could package it a little differently.

Also even if the two does share a same wheelbase the BMW head designer has said the new Z4 will have a longer wheelbase than the outgoing model.
sure, but consider how far the door was moved back and how much longer the rear overhang became compared to the ft1 (probably to increase cargo space since it wouldn't be a 2+2)
Sponsored

Last edited:

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
lol? I'm not the one guessing on the same dimensions. Plenty of users here have come to the conclusion that the Z4 and Supra share the same wheelbase which is nearly identical to the current Z4's. What is there to assume?

do you think there is space behind that cover/carpeting? i just see the frame

47890042d1433436940-new-roll-bar-c7-z06-roll.jpg
My point was it has about the same amount of space behind the driver as cars like the MK4. BMW/Toyota could package it a little differently.

Also even if the two does share a same wheelbase the BMW head designer has said the new Z4 will have a longer wheelbase than the outgoing model.

Last edited:

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
poor comparison. totally different airbag & safety regulations. rx7 had zero airbags (also can't imagine side impact/small overlap would be any good) whereas my 86 has bags for the back passengers.. packaging a car is much easier without modern regulations.
oh yeah? Then explain the 911. 96' wheelbase. backseats.
And your whole "ugh the engine is dif place" speel actually helps a car having backseats with the motor up front, or did you think they slapped seats on top of the motor in the 911? It's rear engine not mid, such as the cayman.

Chassis are not designed around the body panels or we wouldn't have honda SUVs on the civic chassis, the CX3 and upward on the mazda 3, etc etc for every manufacture.

The only possible thing that could limit the new supra from having back seats is purely by choice, just like that space the entire drop-top on the Z4 takes, or did you think it was magic?

Last edited:

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
oh yeah? Then explain the 911. 96' wheelbase. backseats.
And your whole "ugh the engine is dif place" speel actually helps a car having backseats with the motor up front, or did you think they slapped seats on top of the motor in the 911? It's rear engine not mid, such as the cayman.

Chassis are not designed around the body panels or we wouldn't have honda SUVs on the civic chassis, the CX3 and upward on the mazda 3, etc etc for every manufacture.

The only possible thing that could limit the new supra from having back seats is purely by choice, just like that space the entire drop-top on the Z4 takes, or did you think it was magic?
do you even see where the passenger compartment starts and ends on a 911? of course drivetrain placement matters for packaging lmao..not to mention the length of an i6 and flat 6 are totally different..

and exactly, it is rear engine, not rear-mid engine, so even more passenger space..the back passengers are sitting on the trans..

Last edited:

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
lol what room? where does the driver sit and where does the hinge for the hatch start?
I considered putting together some images to explain, but like I said, I really don't care. I came to this thread because there is actual confirmation of a liftback, I'm not here to play your all's guessing game.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I considered putting together some images to explain, but like I said, I really don't care. I came to this thread because there is actual confirmation of a liftback, I'm not here to play your all's guessing game.
this entire forum is speculation, get over it. Otherwise, let's all quit and go afk until next year.

Sun Devil

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
current: 2016 Audi A7 . Past: 996TT,997cab, 997TT, R8 V10, 13 FR-S
do you even see where the passenger compartment starts and ends on a 911? of course drivetrain placement matters for packaging lmao..not to mention the length of an i6 and flat 6 are totally different..

and exactly, it is rear engine, not rear-mid engine, so even more passenger space..the back passengers are sitting on the trans..

Gotta agree "although painfully" with HKz. ;) The 911 motor is a boxer that sits behind the rear wheels. There is more room for the rear seats. Having owned 3 911(s) I can tell you those seats were ridiculous and a joke to have. I used to place my golf bag and other crap back there and I would have preferred a FLAT carpeted or alcantara covered bench back there. A true sports car has two seats. :coffee:

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
Gotta agree "although painfully" with HKz. ;) The 911 motor is a boxer that sits behind the rear wheels. There is more room for the rear seats. Having owned 3 911(s) I can tell you those seats were ridiculous and a joke to have. I used to place my golf bag and other crap back there and I would have preferred a FLAT carpeted or alcantara covered bench back there. A true sports car has two seats. :coffee:

I present to you the Toyota iq. Half the size . Back seats. Conversation over.
Toyota_iQ_006.jpg

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I present to you the Toyota iq. Half the size . Back seats. Conversation over.
Toyota_iQ_006.jpg
lol? how does that even begin to compare? yes, let us compare a FWD econobox designed for commuting with a RWD sports car designed for driving..do you know where the trans in located on a FWD car?

the only comparable car currently being sold is the C7 (if you ignore front end/hood proportion), everything else is grasping at straws..

Last edited:

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
With this being a liftback I really see no chance of the LFA inspired spoiler being produced. I was really hoping that was one thing that moved on to production.

Sunspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like big rear ends and I cannot lie.
With this being a liftback I really see no chance of the LFA inspired spoiler being produced. I was really hoping that was one thing that moved on to production.
STOP IT!! It will have it but only on the V6TT models. :)

In fact the 4 bangers will have pre drilled holes so you can mount this:

spoiler-7.jpg

CSUfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
20170825_163141.jpg

reposted... perhaps it can still have a retractable spoiler option :headbang:
fwhtv70exd6lstiszgqp.jpg

here's the original pic for reference

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I think what Haros was trying to say was they can pretty much stick backseats into anything. I think most of us can agree that there is enough room and space for them. The question is will they do it? And how practical will they be?

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
You guys are still on this? Its funny how off topic everyone gets. Especially considering that we have a huge thread on the matter. Like I said before, I'm more worried about the exterior design, drivetrain, and pricing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.