JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Hey all,
First off, sorry if this is a subject that has been discussed a lot. I did search via Google and the forums, but didn't find anything that answered my question(s) so I thought I'd ask here.

I currently have a 2021 Supra 3.0, locked ECU. Not feeling the tune path just yet, holding out hope they will have a conventional tune/option here in the US.

List of Mods:
JB4 with BT, connected to...
Fuel-It flex fuel kit
Catless DP (Titan Motorsports)
Armaspeed intake
Magnaflow exhaust xMod
HKS springs
Blitz bar
Titan 7's 11inch rears, 9.5 fronts

I think that's it.

Question(s):
If I want to run e30, which OTS map would be recommended?

I've seen some comments about JB4's ruining some engines, and some negative comments on Map 3 or higher, so I am just trying to figure out which one would be best to try out e30 before getting tuned by Jesse (I have a quote already). Are some maps as bad as they say or am I "safe" to try the higher maps, and which would be best considering the mods above?

Thanks in advance for any responses, apologies again if dead horse...
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
There aren't really higher maps; there are different maps.

----

Absolute vs Relative boost addition.

Map0: Stock tuning, fully disable JB4
Map1: Additive map with peak of 3psi over stock added (91 octane)
Map2: Additive map with peak of 4psi over stock added (91-93 octane)
Map3: Additive map with peak of 6psi over stock added (93+ octane)
Map4: Absolute target map with peak of 20psi target (93+ and/or E30 octane)
Map5: Absolute target map with peak of 22psi target (E30+ fuel)

Maps 4 and 5 have absolute boost targets. Meaning they target say 20psi or 22psi respectively.

Additive or Relative maps add boost to whatever you have. Map 3 for example is much more "risky" than map 4. A target of 20psi is sane, but on map 3, if the ECU is attempting to reach 16psi (Low DA, great fuel, no knock, whatever), JB4 is going to request 22psi.

OP
OP
JoshuaQ

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@zrk sorry, just meant higher in number. I did assume they all just raised boost higher than the next.

I'll probably try map 4. I'm planning to use e30-e35.

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
@zrk sorry, just meant higher in number. I did assume they all just raised boost higher than the next.

I'll probably try map 4. I'm planning to use e30-e35.
Hey how was your experience using map 4 with the flex fuel it kit? Planning on doing the same thing. Thanks.

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Nope, never seen it, just read it and helps a ton. But Iā€™m still looking to see if missed the the part about using the OTS Eblend with the fuel it kit. Iā€™m trying to see peopleā€™s experience with it before I get a custom eblend tune. Thanks.
The fuel-it kit is an analyzer. All it does is tell you how much Ethanol is currently going through it. It has no flex-fuel capabilities. So I'm not exactly sure what more you're looking for.

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
The fuel-it kit is an analyzer. All it does is tell you how much Ethanol is currently going through it. It has no flex-fuel capabilities. So I'm not exactly sure what more you're looking for.
Iā€™m wondering how the map 4 was for him.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Well it'll vary car to car. In the Jb4 guide I linked, it's mentioned that Map4 is the preferred map for Supras due to it's ease of tunability and smooth running. Everyones experience will be different. I have a local here who swears his car loves Map3 on 93...which is quite sketch. So try it...log it...upload it for @ColonelAdama and others to review...

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Well it'll vary car to car. In the Jb4 guide I linked, it's mentioned that Map4 is the preferred map for Supras due to it's ease of tunability and smooth running. Everyones experience will be different. I have a local here who swears his car loves Map3 on 93...which is quite sketch. So try it...log it...upload it for @ColonelAdama and others to review...
Perfect, thank you.

OP
OP
JoshuaQ

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey how was your experience using map 4 with the flex fuel it kit? Planning on doing the same thing. Thanks.
Sorry man, I have not yet. I'm in the PNW so it's real easy to get lazy with driving the car. Any rain and traction control takes a sec to get the wheels under control. More power will just make it worse, haha.

I will try to get to it asap and let you know.
Sponsored