Supra 2.0: R R8TED Build - E30 Protune (DaBears and JB4)

OP
OP
R_R8TED

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Great info.
Absolutely! I tried this but I think I still used regular LC from 2nd gear. I'll have to try again once it warms up some and disable TC fully on my next few attempts. Practicing this alongside some stickier tires should do the trick ;b Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk

Jesus Avila

First Name
jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 2.0
Those might be the ticket, I'll definitely keep them in mind this Spring/Summer. 100% with you on the weight difference and feel. It's far easier to add additional power to this platform, then shed 250 lbs off of it.

I think you'll be fine with even 275s with quality tires IMO. These Firehawk's I have now perform brilliantly through the twisties, my only complaint is the traction now from a launch. It is so poised and agile though through the corners and an absolute riot to drive...I just love this car ;) JB4 leaves no trace either, so that's why I've went with this tuning solution on my last 3 rides. With Jesse providing a very strong and safe tune (both on 93 and E30), it's phenomenal overall!
Does anybody have a video of a JB4 install on a 2.0 Supra? Having a hard time trying to find the TPU cable.

Jesus Avila

First Name
jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 2.0
Those might be the ticket, I'll definitely keep them in mind this Spring/Summer. 100% with you on the weight difference and feel. It's far easier to add additional power to this platform, then shed 250 lbs off of it.

I think you'll be fine with even 275s with quality tires IMO. These Firehawk's I have now perform brilliantly through the twisties, my only complaint is the traction now from a launch. It is so poised and agile though through the corners and an absolute riot to drive...I just love this car ;) JB4 leaves no trace either, so that's why I've went with this tuning solution on my last 3 rides. With Jesse providing a very strong and safe tune (both on 93 and E30), it's phenomenal overall!
do you happen to have a video of your install on the jb4? If you have it installed?

OP
OP
R_R8TED

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
do you happen to have a video of your install on the jb4? If you have it installed?
I didn't record it, but there are quite a few videos online. Here is one I found pretty quickly on YouTube. Maybe this will help! -

VipinLJ

First Name
Vipin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C7.5 A7, B9 SQ5, G20 330i, F25 X3
Nice numbers with the Supra 2.0+JB4! The low weight helps it a lot too.
I'm interested in knowing some details about the E30 Protune map. I'm guessing that is the custom map from DaBears? Is it like a custom map 6 in the JB4 or a different firmware or something that you get that you flash onto the JB4 (something like the firmware updates BMS pushes out using their app)? Sorry if it sounds noob-ish. I also understand if you'd rather not say. Just really curious since I have a car with the same engine (not a Supra though) and JB4 and would love to get some more out of it :D

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm interested in knowing some details about the E30 Protune map. I'm guessing that is the custom map from DaBears? Is it like a custom map 6 in the JB4 or a different firmware or something that you get that you flash onto the JB4 (something like the firmware updates BMS pushes out using their app)? Sorry if it sounds noob-ish. I also understand if you'd rather not say. Just really curious since I have a car with the same engine (not a Supra though) and JB4 and would love to get some more out of it :D
Custom mapping. Let me know if you have any questions :)

OP
OP
R_R8TED

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
OP
OP
R_R8TED

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
You got it! MAP 6 is just for custom maps. I have one saved for 93 octane that we worked on extensively for a week or more. After the Fuel-It kit, we then began working on the E30 tune. Jesse is incredibly talented and versed on this platform. Everything is just perfect and the power just never drops off anymore and pulls strong throughout the entire powerband. The top end is especially impressive over the OEM or OTS tune. These motors respond really well with the JB4, especially with Jesse's handiwork on the B48 and B58.

OP
OP
R_R8TED

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
OP
OP
R_R8TED

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
Got some goodies in from @Rexpeed

V3 Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Anti-Buffeting Wind Deflector

fvaV1fW.jpg

OP
OP
R_R8TED

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
Having a little fun on some mountain backroads! I have driven on these since I first got my license and very first sports car (350z). They never fail to make me smile and the Supra performs beautifully ;b

OP
OP
R_R8TED

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
Got the @Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler on last night. Looks fantastic ;b Thanks to Jill and the awesome crew over there for working with us on our build!

sK35VEZ.jpg

BWVLHpy.jpg