Status
Not open for further replies.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks modal, some good points.
I’m in the “if the new car is great I’ll probably buy it” camp :D
It sounds great, but until Toyota decides to rear its head and actually speak about the car instead of pretending its their little secret, we won't know what it is outside of the few employees and journalists who can get details for us.
Sponsored

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
It sounds great, but until Toyota decides to rear its head and actually speak about the car instead of pretending its their little secret, we won't know what it is outside of the few employees and journalists who can get details for us.
Yeah, what is the holdup at this point, my excitement level is really low at this point. It went from must buy to maybe as a used car, we’ll see. Toyota needs to get their shit together.

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
Toyota needs to get their shit together.
So much this.

In the year 2020,
Toyota Supra RWD +350 HP $65,000
Ford Mustang AWD +750 HP +$70,000

Yeah, Toyota. GG.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I compared the Z4 seats to the A90 seat base that can be seen in some of the goodwood shots.

At the very least, the cushions and bolsters are different. Whether the frames etc are the same, too hard to tell.

I'll do some screenshots later.

I really hope the A90 has a lightweight seats option.

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
This "Supra" has no chance if it is release sub late 2019 early 2020. There are too many cars that out compete them in pricing and performance.

Unless, price is below $50K for a 6 banger turbo.

Toyota played themselves.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
The mid-engine C8 comes out next year too. I can’t imagine the entry model being more than $72k+. Toyota needs to hurry up for sure. If a base supra starts out at about 46k, then I can see it being successful. But at 60-65k, the C8 definitely looks more promising for 5k more.

The mule shown is the C8.R, but it at least gives us a good look at the overall shape. And boy, is she a looker

829AFA46-1B9C-41C8-BED9-540EF85F0A15.jpeg

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
^That is supposed to be called the Zora. It also isn't replacing the C7, but will be sold along side it. Keep dreaming about that price tag. Its been spied testing with the $190k 911 Turbo S.

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2018...ame-of-zora-across-the-world-including-china/

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum....os-videos/5065-zora-is-trademarked-everywhere
Everything I’ve read on the corvette forums points to it being the next C8, with a priceline a little higher than the base C7. They’ve filed to trademark the name Zora recently, so who knows. But, nothing’s official, so we’ll just have to wait and see.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Everything I’ve read on the corvette forums points to it being the next C8, with a priceline a little higher than the base C7. They’ve filed to trademark the name Zora recently, so who knows. But, nothing’s official, so we’ll just have to wait and see.
The C7 isn't even that old. They just released the ZR-1 version. I really doubt GM just going to kill it off next year, but yeah lets wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.