Locked 21 - Visconti Fetmo unlock - OTS MHD In the Meantime...

slobra300

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra Premium
Hey everyone... Figured I would share my story as it may help a few people on the fence about what to do if you're locked. For about a year I have been running on no tune but a JB+ with Catless DP, Vivid Racing Catback, and AMS charge pipe / MST Intake. A few months ago I reached out to Marshall w/ Visconti (he's been extremely helpful) and decided to get my ECU cloned because ultimately I am going PI and Flex through them. My ECU was sent off and I received it back in about a week and began the waiting game for a donor ECU. Well I got tired of waiting so I reached out to him and learned that in the meantime, for not that much money, I could at least flash an OTS stg 2 tune. Now remember I already had the additional 3lbs of boost from the JB+. I removed that Friday evening and loaded the tune and holy *uck the car is an animal. Seriously if you are on the fence just do it. I don't have any dyno pulls and I haven't purchased a draggy yet but there is no doubt in my mind this car is significantly faster that what it was. Also I am now getting excellent traction on the Weld / MT setup which just further adds to the impacts...

165168.jpg

89846.jpg
Sponsored

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Very nice! Car looks great.

Could you break down what you have spent so far?

OP
OP
slobra300

slobra300

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well the most notable purchase by far has been the Weld S71's and Weldstar fronts. With tires that came in around 6k. I'm on drop coil springs (non-adjustable and forget the brand) but figure $400. The Vivid exhaust was $2500 and will soon be for sale as I am waiting on my single outlet RK Titanium Signature to arrive. MHD package with map was $600 and I forget what the unlock was.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
Did you feel the JB+ was a good baby step? Want to sell it? lol

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Well the most notable purchase by far has been the Weld S71's and Weldstar fronts. With tires that came in around 6k. I'm on drop coil springs (non-adjustable and forget the brand) but figure $400. The Vivid exhaust was $2500 and will soon be for sale as I am waiting on my single outlet RK Titanium Signature to arrive. MHD package with map was $600 and I forget what the unlock was.
If you remember the unlock price thats what I'm interested in. Getting mine done next month and going with mhd or bm3

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I have one turned up to the max - its great for the cash! I have logged and no issues with knock or car running lean, or drive ability.

OP
OP
slobra300

slobra300

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you remember the unlock price thats what I'm interested in. Getting mine done next month and going with mhd or bm3
I honestly don't and don't want to speculate and be way off. I will say it aint cheap, I do remember that lol.

OP
OP
slobra300

slobra300

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It is absolutely worth it and I would love to sell it as soon as I retrieve it from the engine compartment LOL. I will try and find it this weekend and PM you.

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Are you able to do a custom tune with that set up if you wanted to and if so would you be able to switch maps between say a 93 and E50 tune?

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Are you able to do a custom tune with that set up if you wanted to and if so would you be able to switch maps between say a 93 and E50 tune?
You can but it won’t be flex fuel

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
It is absolutely worth it and I would love to sell it as soon as I retrieve it from the engine compartment LOL. I will try and find it this weekend and PM you.
Wait, you're running the JB+ with the tune..? That's not great.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I can recommend MHD and Pureboost.de as a custom tuner if you want to go a step above OTS maps.

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
You can but it won’t be flex fuel
Cool, thanks. Flex fuel is not a big deal for me as it may be more applicable for others. I have the fuel it sensor with app and it's easy for me to keep it where I need to when i do fuel up. Plus I barely drive it.
Sponsored