Looking for some guidance New 2020 Supra, What tune? Parts? etc for 500whp 500-550wtq?

OP
OP

rennocneb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium in Nitro Yellow
The only tuners I’ve found so far are Visconti, twisted, goodspeed(who referred me to ams) none truly have impressed me just yet with answering questions getting one of them on the phone is difficult. I’m looking to be a customer and buy parts etc. they should be willing to help a guy out
Sponsored

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Reach out to Justin @EastCoastSupra let him know Bernard sent you. He can get you setup and also has his own 700+hp supra. He works very closely with Mike Botti for tuning and can get you squared away.

Personally, I love my stock turbo car for now. Adding the additional injector controller and splicing the factory wiring isnt my thing so I intend to keep it this way.

OP
OP

rennocneb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is there no way to do additional fuel without splicin?

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Is there no way to do additional fuel without splicin?
I've seen a few guys with the EOS port injection setup and there's a few wires that need to be tapped and spliced. Visconti has a new PI system but I have yet to see one in person, but I know his Flex Fuel kit does require one or two wires to be re-pinned at the BCM. Either way, reach out to Justin and he up to date on all the latest. Super nice guy and was extremely helpful when they tuned my car.

OP
OP

rennocneb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you have contact info for Justin you could pm me?

OP
OP

rennocneb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As far as additional fueling has anyone actually used one of the Vargas hpfp upgrades?

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
As far as additional fueling has anyone actually used one of the Vargas hpfp upgrades?
it is my understanding that many of the bmw b58 models use the OEM supra HPFP as an upgrade. Not sure why the bmw models didnt get it.

OP
OP

rennocneb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Vargas pump is listed as an upgrade for the Supra.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
The Vargas pump is listed as an upgrade for the Supra.
Honestly, I haven't seen any Supra tuner specifically "upgrading" to that as the factory HPFP is good enough now. It's the LPFP that's the weak point in the fuel setup in addition to needing additional port injection to get more fuel in.

OP
OP

rennocneb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I reached out to everyone mentioned just waiting to hear back. Never in my life found it so hard to spend 3 to 5k on performance parts as its proving to be with this car.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I reached out to everyone mentioned just waiting to hear back. Never in my life found it so hard to spend 3 to 5k on performance parts as its proving to be with this car.
A lot of tuners ATM are prepping for TX2K which is a big drag racing event. Getting a response may be a bit.

OP
OP

rennocneb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
how about if we start with something simple. Like the down pipe i live in an area that catless is just fine. Is there any certain ones that are better than others? I assume i need to tune the car to even be able to put one on it? I know i would get a CEL for the back 02 sensor not readying right, unless somone still make simulators to solve that these days?

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
how about if we start with something simple. Like the down pipe i live in an area that catless is just fine. Is there any certain ones that are better than others? I assume i need to tune the car to even be able to put one on it? I know i would get a CEL for the back 02 sensor not readying right, unless somone still make simulators to solve that these days?
I honestly don't think there is much difference between the different brands if you're going catless. You would be fine with Suprastore's or Titan's catless downpipes that are like $250, I think.

If you run catless, you will get a CEL without a tune.
Sponsored