Looking for some guidance New 2020 Supra, What tune? Parts? etc for 500whp 500-550wtq?

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
how about if we start with something simple. Like the down pipe i live in an area that catless is just fine. Is there any certain ones that are better than others? I assume i need to tune the car to even be able to put one on it? I know i would get a CEL for the back 02 sensor not readying right, unless somone still make simulators to solve that these days?
Catless downpipes are more or less the same. Diameter and build quality are the big things to look at. Most of the cheaper ones are from China (which is fine).

You WILL get a CEL with a catless downpipe. The simulators don't work from experience with folks that have tried it. The only way is a tune to clear it out.
Sponsored

OP
OP

rennocneb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium in Nitro Yellow
wasn't sure if there were quality or fitment differences that warranted the prices for some. I know the few folks ive been able to speak with pushed boost logic, or AMS.

I also assume it would be safe to just go ahead and buy an ecutek and vehicle license because im going to have to have it?

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
wasn't sure if there were quality or fitment differences that warranted the prices for some. I know the few folks ive been able to speak with pushed boost logic, or AMS.

I also assume it would be safe to just go ahead and buy an ecutek and vehicle license because im going to have to have it?
I would buy ECUTEK with the tuner you plan on going with as they will generally give you a one stop price.

Downpipes(catless) anyway are whatever works for you price wise and more or less ignore the brand name itself.
Catted downpipes are more expensive and as long as it has an HJS cat element or a GESi cat element, you’re good to go.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
how about if we start with something simple. Like the down pipe i live in an area that catless is just fine. Is there any certain ones that are better than others? I assume i need to tune the car to even be able to put one on it? I know i would get a CEL for the back 02 sensor not readying right, unless somone still make simulators to solve that these days?
all pretty much the same. I just prefer the nicer flex pipe instead of the mesh ones.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Hey whats up OP, hows everything. Congrats on the new ride you will love it. IN regards to your goal in power, not sure if you reached out to me or not, but if you did and i haven't gotten back to you, my apologies.

Anyway, 500/500 can be done on the stock turbo. While the power will fall off a bit up top compared to the P700 and P800. it can be done if your interested in making a number. an E30-E50 mix can get you where you want to be.

The Vargas HPFP is the TU pump which your car already comes with. Thats an upgrade to Gen1 B58s which had a lower flowing HPFP. You dont need to worry about the LPFP until over 700whp. There are no HPFP pump upgrades suitable for the TU (supra/z4/m340) engine right now. As the ones out were made for the Gen1 which run 2000psi less rail pressure than the TU.

We offer a downpipe thats made in house here stateside. We offer two types which is explained in the product description... https://twistedtuning.com/products/...catless-downpipes?_pos=1&_sid=df937a338&_ss=r

As far as tuning i can get you wherever you need. Im an Ecutek master tuner, MHD partner, and MG Flasher Tuner. So i can support you with a custom tune on either of those platforms. ANy other questions, feel free to reach out via email... [email protected]

OP
OP

rennocneb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Justin thanks I did reach out and reply'd to your email. My big question and one others might be having if i want to keep a driveline alive and manage torque keep it to say 500wtq but carry it out further to make some steam up top with a pure 700, pure 800, or a complete aftermarket turbo can that be accomplished. Im from the LSx world so trying to gain an understanding of how much can be done tuning wise with these cars. I just most of the Ethanol tunes having like 580-620wtq that then leads to trans slip.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Justin thanks I did reach out and reply'd to your email. My big question and one others might be having if i want to keep a driveline alive and manage torque keep it to say 500wtq but carry it out further to make some steam up top with a pure 700, pure 800, or a complete aftermarket turbo can that be accomplished. Im from the LSx world so trying to gain an understanding of how much can be done tuning wise with these cars. I just most of the Ethanol tunes having like 580-620wtq that then leads to trans slip.
yes torque can be limited and full control snd be able carry HP out to the top. Can be tailored pretty much however you want within the limitations of the turbo. the ECU in these cars is practically a standalone if the tuner understands how to use it instead of fighting against it.

My car originally didnt get slip until 760tq on the stock trans. this is in gear slip. shift slip started around 650-700tq. For normal owners looking for trouble free longevity. My recommendation is no more that 600ish tq on the stock trans.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
This will give you an idea of how a lightly modded Supra will do against a ZL1 with boltons and e85. Skip to 11:40.

OP
OP

rennocneb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
These cars must pick up a ton from a tune then cause stock to stock the zl1 feels in a different league. What catless,down pipe does everyone recommend? How about an exhaust to add a lot of sound I see kooks actually makes stuff for these cars as well had great luck with kooks on my GM stuff

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
150+ whp puts it into exotic car territory. My son drove my car yesterday for the first time since my tune and said it is faster than the Ferrari 458 he drove. As far as sound goes, the downpipe alone opens up a lot of sound. I have a 5 inch CG Precision catted dp and I wouldn't want it any louder. Catless would be louder still.

OP
OP

rennocneb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am debating on just staying stock turbo, dp, full exhaust for sound, intake, tune, if doing this might go flex fuel but limit torque a bit to hope to save the trans. The second option to me is do a pure 700 or 800 and stay on 93 octane. More top end and around the same midrange torque.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Most good tuners will limit the torque in the higher gears to save the transmission. IMO for the money I would go Flex Fuel/DP/Tune to get 500hp/500+tq. I'll probably upgrade the turbo eventually when the warranty is up. :D

OP
OP

rennocneb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The flex fuel system, who's is best? I really don't want to start modifying wiring harnesses on a new car.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The flex fuel system, who's is best? I really don't want to start modifying wiring harnesses on a new car.
There are two options for strictly flex fuel. One from Twisted Tuning and one from Visconti Tuning. Both uses the Zeitronix CANbus ethanol adapter. The Twisted tuning requires wire taps into the DME harness and the Visconti Tuning requires repining a wire harness from the inside of the car.

Visconti does have a newer Reflex module that combines the ethanol flex fuel reading and adds port injection control support via CANbus for ECUtek RaceROM.

OP
OP

rennocneb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am looking for something that wont require messing with wiring. The reflex system just plugs in and gives port injection capability.
Sponsored