• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Lowering spring/chassis warning. Help?!?

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Okay I installed H&R springs and absolutely love the ride height. I have been getting chassis error warnings. Every time I drive it comes on. Sometimes it comes on quick sometimes not so quick but every time I drive it it never fails to come on. I had Toyota look at it when they were doing an oil change and they said they werenā€™t sure what it could be. Even when I told them I thought it was a leveling sensor of some sort . Iā€™ve seen both headlight sensor or ride height sensors about this topic. Are they the same? Not sure which one. Iā€™ve call the parts department and they canā€™t find anything like either of those. Toyota finally told me to call bmw. When I did bmw didnā€™t want any part of looking at it or servicing it. They told me to take it to Toyota ? anybody know the actual name of the part or have a part number for replacement. Iā€™ve been told there is one on the front driverside and one on the back driverside. Short of taking it off and taking it to the parts department Iā€™m at a loss. Thatā€™s if I even know what it looks like. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored

KGI2019

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Prem 3.0 - 2020 Civic SI (Daily)
that was my issue, both of them were broken for me. I had them swapped and itā€™s perfect!

Goodluck.
If youā€™re not tuned, Iā€™d just take it Toyota and have them warranty it.

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
that was my issue, both of them were broken for me. I had them swapped and itā€™s perfect!

Goodluck.
They wonā€™t because Iā€™m lowered. Already tried. Cheap try to fix. Iā€™ll give it a go. Thanks man. ??

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra

Goodluck.
Hey real quick could you tell they were broken when you looked at it?

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Do you have aftermarket wheels? I think it can throw a code if the wheel height or differential front to rear is substantially different from stock. The springs by themselves should not cause a code, given the number of other people that are running them with no issue.

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Do you have aftermarket wheels? I think it can throw a code if the wheel height or differential front to rear is substantially different from stock. The springs by themselves should not cause a code, given the number of other people that are running them with no issue.
Nope factory wheels. Iā€™ve heard of other people getting the codes as well. I thought change those parts above would fix it but it didnā€™t.

KGI2019

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Prem 3.0 - 2020 Civic SI (Daily)
I wish I had more answers. I have Titan 7 wheels, H&R Sport Springs, and no issues with chassis code after installing the 2 sensors. Maybe try to disconnect battery for an hour or so and reconnect and see if it helps?

Or...take to diff Toyota dealer, but don't mention it's lowered.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I'm also on H&R's, didn't get a code but my headlights were aimed towards the sky after the install due to the ride height sensor overcompensating. Maybe an ECU reset will clear the code after having the new sensor installed? I don't recall the combination with the MKV but it's typically something along the lines of turning the car on, waiting two seconds, turning it off, and pressing the ignition button 3 times or some damned thing.

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I'm also on H&R's, didn't get a code but my headlights were aimed towards the sky after the install due to the ride height sensor overcompensating. Maybe an ECU reset will clear the code after having the new sensor installed? I don't recall the combination with the MKV but it's typically something along the lines of turning the car on, waiting two seconds, turning it off, and pressing the ignition button 3 times or some damned thing.
My headlight are doing the same thing. Howā€™d you fix that?

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
My headlight are doing the same thing. Howā€™d you fix that?
There's usually a cap over it but I just left it off. Behind both headlights you'll see a cap that looks like it can be turned with a coin (but it can't). You turn it and pop it off with a flathead screw driver and it'll reveal the vertical adjustment screw for the headlight.

Attachments

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
There's usually a cap over it but I just left it off. Behind both headlights you'll see a cap that looks like it can be turned with a coin (but it can't). You turn it and pop it off with a flathead screw driver and it'll reveal the vertical adjustment screw for the headlight.
Awesome thank you man.
Sponsored