• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Lowering spring/chassis warning. Help?!?

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
So basically lowering this car can almost always cause some sort of seperate issue?
The only issues I've had only came from either someone messing up or from changing out the front lower control arms while lowered. The latter only required very minor alteration.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
Ok cool aside from a bad installation I am good? Looking to order springs soon.

BTW adjustable springs, did I read that right ?

Reactions: zrk

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra Phantom
Ok cool aside from a bad installation I am good? Looking to order springs soon.

BTW adjustable springs, did I read that right ?
Pretty much. Hks are the only adjustable springs that I know of. Iā€™m on swift springs. Iā€™ve had some very subtle clicking noises but thatā€™s from the wheel bearing on the strut mount not being aligned 100% perfect

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
Pretty much. Hks are the only adjustable springs that I know of. Iā€™m on swift springs. Iā€™ve had some very subtle clicking noises but thatā€™s from the wheel bearing on the strut mount not being aligned 100% perfect

I donā€™t want adjustable springs. I much rather like what I am used to before. Install and keep it moving.

For some reason I kept reading that people install the springs, drive around and then have to make adjustments? I am hoping thatā€™s only the HKS. I would hate to uninstall to then reinstall etc

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I donā€™t want adjustable springs. I much rather like what I am used to before. Install and keep it moving.

For some reason I kept reading that people install the springs, drive around and then have to make adjustments? I am hoping thatā€™s only the HKS. I would hate to uninstall to then reinstall etc
Oh alright. I think thatā€™s just in the sense of installation. Iā€™ve had to re do mine several times now simply because the dust boot didnā€™t sit properly on the strut mount. But now Iā€™m dealing with the wheel bearings on the strut mount. They keep coming a little out of place so Iā€™m gonna clean them up and apply some grease. Hopefully that helps hold it together and solves the issue. Iā€™m my experience, just be careful when taking the original springs off. You donā€™t want to break the wheel bearing on the strut mount

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
Oh alright. I think thatā€™s just in the sense of installation. Iā€™ve had to re do mine several times now simply because the dust boot didnā€™t sit properly on the strut mount. But now Iā€™m dealing with the wheel bearings on the strut mount. They keep coming a little out of place so Iā€™m gonna clean them up and apply some grease. Hopefully that helps hold it together and solves the issue. Iā€™m my experience, just be careful when taking the original springs off. You donā€™t want to break the wheel bearing on the strut mount
Crap. Yea I guess thatā€™s what must of been reading. That sounds annoying wonā€™t lie. After installing, what signs would tell you the dust boot isnā€™t sitting properly on the strut mount?

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crap. Yea I guess thatā€™s what must of been reading. That sounds annoying wonā€™t lie. After installing, what signs would tell you the dust boot isnā€™t sitting properly on the strut mount?
Just feel around the entire strut and make sure it feels even all around. No lifting or little folds. Just do it slowly and if possible get someone else to jack the strut up while you align it in place

thtsupra

First Name
CM
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Soo many problems with lowering on SPRINGS?! Sheesh ima just stick to stock ride height I guess :/

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
IMG_0540.jpeg

IMG_7279.jpeg

No issues with ride quality on 10mm spacers in front and 13mm in the rear. Never had rubber issue of any sort, nice and planted in corners, body roll was minimized along with the installation of front struts installed.
Does it feel stock or a bit stiffer?