Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Most popular are going to be the KW brand for us. They have the DDC coilovers which retain the adaptive suspension but they're on the pricier side compared to springs $4200. RSR also coilovers that are $3k and do the same thing. Coilovers you get the ability to change the stiffness of the coil (rebound/compression), ride height, better ride and performance (usually) compared to OEM.

-Josh
Thanks Josh! What do you know about the popularity of Ohlins coilovers for our cars?
Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Thanks Josh! What do you know about the popularity of Ohlins coilovers for our cars?
Not as popular as I thought they'd be compared to their other applications. We've sold some sets but not as much compared to KW. Ohlins is a fantastic brand though. Got them in stock.

-Josh

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not as popular as I thought they'd be compared to their other applications. We've sold some sets but not as much compared to KW. Ohlins is a fantastic brand though. Got them in stock.

-Josh
Dang yeah coilovers are expensive! 😮💨 Do the swift springs still come with the silencer sleeves?

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Dang yeah coilovers are expensive! 😮💨 Do the swift springs still come with the silencer sleeves?
Looking all over, seems Swift and Whiteline have a decent drop to them front and rear and dont need any bumpstops/silencers. Really like the stance of whiteline:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I’ve bought parts from Josh. Great guy!

I beat the hell out of my Ohlins. They take a licking. That’s for sure. Can adjust to ride height & dampening as needed. Where you can get them rebuilt & serviced are also important considerations when purchasing coilovers. So keep that in mind if not doing the rebuild/servicing yourself :)

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

67_Pony

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1967 Mustang, 2017 Nissan Titan XD
Sure they are
Front: Black Advan GT Beyond - 19x9.5 et25
Rear: Black Advan GT Beyond - 19x10.5 et32
Front: RT660 275/35r19
Rear: RT660 295/35r19
Looks sick! No rubbing?

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
@Jmanlevan can you post a side by side of just the rear? Curious if it dropped at all? Also curious of the MT makes a difference? Eibach claims their kit lowers the MT LESS. I was about to buy H&R and now second guessing for whiteline!

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Jmanlevan can you post a side by side of just the rear? Curious if it dropped at all? Also curious of the MT makes a difference? Eibach claims their kit lowers the MT LESS. I was about to buy H&R and now second guessing for whiteline!
Hey Tim, here’s a side by side. There’s a tiny drop but I definitely don’t think it’s 0.7” like it’s supposed to be. Probably same story with the H&Rs as eibachs kit not lowering as much with MT cars.

79F32DF3-7EAF-4129-BA0A-95214CBB513F.jpeg

jrof

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium MT
I had issues with springs for months before biting the bullet on coils. It’s 100% worth the extra cost. I went with S3 as they offer the best bang for buck imo (they also come with swift springs). The difference in overall feel is dramatic, springs felt very bouncy where as coils really planted the car

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
if you don't have an issue with the ride quality, wait the duration for the springs to settle. contact the shop now so they're aware of your concern and cannot deny their own involvement later. patience
Sponsored