Lowering springs -- I'm somewhat disappointed

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
I had H&R lowering springs installed on my Supra today and while I am super stoked on the ride height at the front, I am not so stoked on the rear ride height. I know the springs are supposed to settle over time but I feel like the rears have a looooooong way to go if so.

The front seems dialed in right where I want them with a 1 finger gap between the top of the tire and bottom of the fender, but the rear still seems too high, almost stock ride height-ish. Like I can barely notice a change at the rear. There is a 2 finger gap at the rears.

Those of you that have H&R lowering springs, did you encounter this and are you happy with your ride height?All the pics of Supra's I've seen with H&R's looked really good! I feel like I did not get the same outcome.

Those of you that have lowering springs from other brands...did you feel like your rear ride height was higher than the fronts at first?

If these don't settle enough, I am going to swap them out for either HKS, Eibachs, or Swifts.

I'm just a little disappointed because I did a ton of research on here, youtube and the internet in general trying to find reasonably priced springs that I liked and everyone with H&R's seemed really happy and the pictures always looked good!

IMG_5942 (2).jpeg

IMG_5943 (2).jpeg

IMG_5945 (2).jpeg

IMG_5946 (2).jpeg

IMG_5952 (2).jpeg

IMG_5953 (1).jpeg

IMG_5954 (1).jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra
bloke,

I ran H&R before coilovers and it should be sitting lower then that at the rear did you put them in the right way?

Double check, also check that the top hat of the rears is correctly seated.

cheers

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bloke,

I ran H&R before coilovers and it should be sitting lower then that at the rear did you put them in the right way?

Double check, also check that the top hat of the rears is correctly seated.

cheers
A local shop installed them! I'll have them double check when I bring the car back to them next week.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Are the shipping spacers removed from the struts? This is not right. The tire should basically be at the lower lip of the quarter panel.

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are the shipping spacers removed from the struts? This is not right. The tire should basically be at the lower lip of the quarter panel.
That is what I'm thinking. I've seen people post pics with fresh, non settled H&R springs and their ride height in the rear looks way better than this.

Yeah, I had the dealership I bought the car from double check and verify that all shipping spacers were removed.

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yeah should fit better then that. I know having a 30 series tire makes it a little bit bigger of a gap then a 35 series but that still looks too big even if it is a 30 series tire. H&R with a 305/35 here and it fills almost perfectly.

dsc04561.jpeg
Thatā€™s exactly how I want mine sitting although with a 30 like you said. Thanks, Iā€™ll have them take another look at it.

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i have friends that are H&R and some have the same issues. im on Eibach and i think they are perfect

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg
Daaaaaaamn those look good!

Got_M

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
i have friends that are H&R and some have the same issues. im on Eibach and i think they are perfect

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg
I'm going to need to know what wheel and tire setup this is!?

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Yeah that looks off.. Swift is our best selling Spring, I'd go with them. Best overall feedback on them as well. Coilovers could be perfect to dial in your fitment but for the price, springs are great too.

-Josh

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah that looks off.. Swift is our best selling Spring, I'd go with them. Best overall feedback on them as well. Coilovers could be perfect to dial in your fitment but for the price, springs are great too.

-Josh
What coilovers do you recommend? Also, I admittedly donā€™t know shit about coilovers. I need to do more research for sure but if anybody is willing to explain the quick down and dirty benefits of switching to coilovers Iā€™d be very appreciative! The magnetic ride on the stock suspension seems fantastic so Iā€™m not sure why people would swap them for aftermarket coilovers. But again, Iā€™m ignorant on the subject.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
What coilovers do you recommend? Also, I admittedly donā€™t know shit about coilovers. I need to do more research for sure but if anybody is willing to explain the quick down and dirty benefits of switching to coilovers Iā€™d be very appreciative! The magnetic ride on the stock suspension seems fantastic so Iā€™m not sure why people would swap them for aftermarket coilovers. But again, Iā€™m ignorant on the subject.
Most popular are going to be the KW brand for us. They have the DDC coilovers which retain the adaptive suspension but they're on the pricier side compared to springs $4200. RSR also coilovers that are $3k and do the same thing. Coilovers you get the ability to change the stiffness of the coil (rebound/compression), ride height, better ride and performance (usually) compared to OEM.

-Josh
Sponsored