MAPerformance downpipe - turbo gasket?

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
Currently installing my MAPerformance downpipe and as you can see in the picture (link below) it does not have an indentation for the turbo crush gasket like the AA downpipe/stock downpipe. Based on the instructions on the website I think I just skip that gasket entirely. The only way to use the gasket without the indentation is hanging from the turbo and then trying to slide the downpipe on and roughly center it, not ideal. I tried that option (using the gasket) the first time and definitely have an exhaust leak between the turbo and downpipe. Figure Id' ask before I go about under the car. My plan is to skip the turbo gasket this time since its excluded from the instructions on the MAPerformance website. Just seems wrong to have no gasket there. Any input I'm all ears. Thanks!

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...wnpipe-2020-toyota-supra-a90-sup-mk5-dpc-gesi
Sponsored

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Kinda weird to me, I've always used the gasket on other aftermarket options. It's worth a shot though idk

OP
OP
SupraTR

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
Went without the gasket. It was clearly clamped poorly because the gasket didn't allow room without the groove for it. Didn't realize from below, obvious from up top though.

For those who search on the MAPerformance downpipe, since the forum didnt have much info: Sound improvement is just about perfect. I'm sure I'll still get an exhaust but I'm no longer in a rush. Very mild smell increase, to be expected, supposedly has the same cat as AA downipe. No CEL so far but I'll update if one ever shows up, don't expect one though. Went with this one from Jesse as it was on sale and saved me a few hundred compared to AA. Other than it being odd there is no crush gasket no complaints (15 miles in..).

SupraCess

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 GR Surpa and a turbocharged FRS
Yeah, I just installed my Map dp this week, and so far, so good.
Sponsored