OP
OP
Stuhagen

Stuhagen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SupraMKiV-R35GTR
Thanks for all of the answers and posts on 1320 times. I know the MKiV 2JZ and new BMW engine are indeed apples/oranges. But the root question was how robust or equal limitations are there between the two. This might not really be addressable at the moment as the answer will happen when somebody blows the engine lol....But maybe there is someone out there with tons of mods, but on a stock bottom end making xxxwhp.

We know that building a bottom end of any engine can be costly. At what WHP point will this new engine require a built bottom end. My gut says a lot less than the 2JZ 800whp level.
Sponsored

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
The papidakis engine isn't even really a B58 anymore, no Direct injection, locked vanos, converted to port injection and some other stuff. Also rod and piston upgrades as well.

Stock Block B58 limit, and stock block B58 sustainable limit are two different things. so be more direct in what you're asking.

We are probably over over 800whp currently on our stock B58. just need to get it back on the dyno. For comparison Papadakis made 750whp @25psi on the same turbo we run on our car. We made over 700 dynojet whp on 23ish psi on our first dyno session with the EFR9280. We are now running 29-33psi up top on our car with torque tuned to around the 700-720tq we made prior to keep the trans from slipping in the higher gears.

For the average customer i would tune their car to about 600-650tq max to give them more longevity.
Thanks for all of the answers and posts on 1320 times. I know the MKiV 2JZ and new BMW engine are indeed apples/oranges. But the root question was how robust or equal limitations are there between the two. This might not really be addressable at the moment as the answer will happen when somebody blows the engine lol....But maybe there is someone out there with tons of mods, but on a stock bottom end making xxxwhp.

We know that building a bottom end of any engine can be costly. At what WHP point will this new engine require a built bottom end. My gut says a lot less than the 2JZ 800whp level.
look at my quoted post above

Zupraman

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Apples to Moon Pies...

The 3? MKV's in the 9's are all on upgraded turbos and spraying nitrous out of the hole and all of the way down the track...
Sorry, just had to correct this statement. MKV's in the 9s are indeed on stock turbo with a small shot.
Sponsored