Maxton V2 Lip owners help please.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
So I dropped my car off at a body shop to have them install my maxton kit with V2 lip. I got the car back today and the Side Skirts and Spats are perfect, but I think something is up with the lip. It has gaps on the outer edges of the front bumper and its sitting up above the bottom of the bumper, like so.....

20211103_175149.jpg
20211103_175326.jpg
20211103_193110.jpg

And this is what it looks like from the front.

20211103_175127.jpg

20211103_175118.jpg

This doesn't look right to me, I feel like the front is fitting correctly but something went wrong mounting the sides. I feel for sure the guy did something wrong on the lip? Skirts and Spats are perfect though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
So I dropped my car off at a body shop to have them install my maxton kit with V2 lip. I got the car back today and the Side Skirts and Spats are perfect, but I think something is up with the lip. It has gaps on the outer edges of the front bumper and its sitting up above the bottom of the bumper, like so.....

20211103_175149.jpg
20211103_175326.jpg
20211103_193110.jpg

20211103_175127.jpg

20211103_175118.jpg

This doesn't look right to me. I feel for sure the guy did something wrong on the lip? Skirts and Spats are perfect though.

That looks like mine...
I put 1 self tapping screw into the bottom side of the Maxton lip on the sides into the factory lip piece..
This pulled the lip tight and stopped any flopping around on the sides...
Fortunately I have a black car so any imperfections don't stand out...

Over all it looks good...

Steve

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That looks like mine...
I put 1 self tapping screw into the bottom side of the Maxton lip on the sides into the factory lip piece..

Steve
Hmmm..... I might try doing this to see if I can remove the 3m tape and get it to pull in tighter. So yours had that gap on the sides and sits up directly under/on the OEM side piece? I thought it was supposed to go all the way to the bottom of the bumper.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmmm..... I might try doing this to see if I can remove the 3m tape and get it to pull in tighter. So yours had that gap on the sides and sits up directly under/on the OEM side piece? I thought it was supposed to go all the way to the bottom of the bumper.
Correct...sits right under the factory piece...I have a very slight gap but unnoticeable unless you're looking for it...
The front lip is actually centered by factory mounting points...only 1 way to install it..

I just looked at your pics in the other thread..car looks GREAT....

Steve

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Correct...sits right under the factory piece...I have a very slight gap but unnoticeable unless you're looking for it...
The front lip is actually centered by factory mounting points...only 1 way to install it..

I just looked at your pics in the other thread..car looks GREAT....

Steve
Thanks man, yours does as well! The pics of your car at Hilton Head actually pushed me to buy the Maxton Kit. I was originally going to get my OEM wheels Powder coated but I saw these Apex wheels and had to have them.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks man, yours does as well! The pics of your car at Hilton Head actually pushed me to buy the Maxton Kit. I was originally going to get my OEM wheels Powder coated but I saw these Apex wheels and had to have them.
The wheels look killer on the white...
Good choice...

I'm pretty sure you're the one that told me about CES in North Carolina...go next week for my MHD tune...can't wait...

Steve

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The wheels look killer on the white...
Good choice...

I'm pretty sure you're the one that told me about CES in North Carolina...go next week for my MHD tune...can't wait...

Steve
Yea that was me, the guys at CES are super nice people, some of the nicest I've ever dealt with when it comes to customer service and making you feel welcome in their shop. They let me go in the shop and watch them install the downpipe if I wanted to, they let me stand next to the car or behind it when it was on the dyno, and John, the owner, actually sat me in the passenger seat and taught me how to use the MHD app functions instead of just handing it to me and letting me go, truly awesome guys.

Good luck with the tune man, you're going to love it!!

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea that was me, the guys at CES are super nice people, some of the nicest I've ever dealt with when it comes to customer service and making you feel welcome in their shop. They let me go in the shop and watch them install the downpipe if I wanted to, they let me stand next to the car or behind it when it was on the dyno, and John, the owner, actually sat me in the passenger seat and taught me how to use the MHD app functions instead of just handing it to me and letting me go, truly awesome guys.

Good luck with the tune man, you're going to love it!!
I definitely got that just through emails with John..
Me being a noob when it comes to tuning, he was very patient with my noob questions...
I know I should do a high flow downpipe now but....when i decided to do it I'll make trip back up n see what kinda power difference the stages make...
Thanks again for the recommendation...

Steve

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I definitely got that just through emails with John..
Me being a noob when it comes to tuning, he was very patient with my noob questions...
I know I should do a high flow downpipe now but....when i decided to do it I'll make trip back up n see what kinda power difference the stages make...
Thanks again for the recommendation...

Steve
Yea no problem man, I would highly recommend a high flow cat for the stage 2 tune. I myself never tried the Stage 1 tune on the stock downpipe, but I'm sure it will be a big difference as well.

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
mine looks like that too but I ran the tape a little further back on the lip so it didn't show.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Mine has no gap.. I installed it myself. This lip took a while to get it to align correctly though.. and used spacers in some of the areas in the back to ensure the gap closes on the front.

I suppose one can use some black tape from the bottom to cover up the visible see-through gap.

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mine has no gap.. I installed it myself. This lip took a while to get it to align correctly though.. and used spacers in some of the areas in the back to ensure the gap closes on the front.

I suppose one can use some black tape from the bottom to cover up the visible see-through gap.
I'm thinking if push comes to shove I may file down the winglet pieces on the very end to get them to perfectly fit around the corners of the factory aero winglets, then pull the lip in to close the gap and put a self-tapping screw into the bottom corner of the bumper. I didn't want to have to do any of this myself because I hate drilling into a new car, but I guess I may have to. I'm going to call the shop and see if there's anything they can do to help me out, which I hope they will considering I'm not 100% satisfied with the fitment. The skirts and spats are perfect though.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

This doesn't look right to me, I feel like the front is fitting correctly but something went wrong mounting the sides. I feel for sure the guy did something wrong on the lip? Skirts and Spats are perfect though.
I tried 3M tape on mine but it separates over time. These isn’t enough surface area to hold it in place and hide the tape.

Here is what I did on mine. I drilled a small pilot hole into the splitter and the side molding then installed a short trim screw.

The side molding for the front splitter is only $37 so no worries about installing a screw into it.

-RJM

415FE3C0-4FF4-4626-BDAA-1F0291FD9F9E.jpeg

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
That looks like mine...

Steve
I did the exact same thing. It pulls it in nicely and has been tested at speeds 140+ mph.

-RJM

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I tried 3M tape on mine but it separates over time. These isn’t enough surface area to hold it in place and hide the tape.

Here is what I did on mine. I drilled a small pilot hole into the splitter and the side molding then installed a short trim screw.

The side molding for the front splitter is only $37 so no worries about installing a screw into it.

-RJM

415FE3C0-4FF4-4626-BDAA-1F0291FD9F9E.jpeg
Thank you for this pic!
Sponsored