Mid-engined Honda sports car (mini NSX) to take on Supra?

TorqueRules

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus
Wtf they already have patent sketches?? Where are we with the Supra?? Well let me say that if it looks like the sketch it will be pretty awesome and definitely have me considering it against the next Supra (if it ever comes).

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda seems to be pretty serious about it's sports car image again. The S2000 was successful in it's day and if those sketches are truely what the successor will look like I can see this one being great as well.

323 Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ducati
Wtf they already have patent sketches?? Where are we with the Supra?? Well let me say that if it looks like the sketch it will be pretty awesome and definitely have me considering it against the next Supra (if it ever comes).
I would think that if they've advanced as far as filing patent images, then this car is a done deal and already approved for production.

Real curious how it's going to be priced and specd.

Big George

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3, X5 V8
Looks hot but also looks like a $100k+ car easy. With rumors at upcoming NSX gonna be priced at $200k, that makes sense. Also means that it wouldn't be in same segment as the Supra.

As for Acura damn I don't know if after all these years of being irrelevant with enthusiasts they're gonna be able to sell both a $200k and a $100k sports car well.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Looks hot but also looks like a $100k+ car easy. With rumors at upcoming NSX gonna be priced at $200k, that makes sense. Also means that it wouldn't be in same segment as the Supra.

As for Acura damn I don't know if after all these years of being irrelevant with enthusiasts they're gonna be able to sell both a $200k and a $100k sports car well.
This wasn't a $100k car ;)

1996_honda_civic-del-sol_coupe_vtec_fq_oem_1_300.jpg

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
I mean that this new car is more likely than not some sort of new Del Sol. ;)

I have zero expectations from Honda when it comes to anything sportscar related.

sunFire

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3 cabrio
I mean that this new car is more likely than not some sort of new Del Sol. ;)

I have zero expectations from Honda when it comes to anything sportscar related.
Del Sol LOL.

What about the new NSX tho - looks legit on paper at least?

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
I was gonna say I meant Honda not Acura, but really I don't have any real expectation from either.

NSX looks good but still no timeline for when cars will be delivered or even for when they might be orderable.

Wally World

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
NSX looks good but still no timeline for when cars will be delivered or even for when they might be orderable.
Longest rollout ever for a car! :doh:

Hope new Supra doesn't end up even close to the NSX from that perspective.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
If they haven't started taking deposits on it already, I wouldn't be surprised it's already been nixed with the reception it got ...?

AZ Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hoping for new Supra
If they haven't started taking deposits on it already, I wouldn't be surprised it's already been nixed with the reception it got ...?
Can it really be nixed at this point? They've already revealed a production model. Honda does not have their act together if they can't even launch this car after all these years.

I have more confidence in Toyota and the Supra. More likely to come to market and faster since it's being co developed with another company.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
It'd be a purely biz decision. If you don't think you have the market to sell all the units, your best bet is to cut your losses while ahead.

OP
OP

Da Hmong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Impreza
Just saw this on jalopnik. Looks like whatever it was pictured in the patent photos...

babynsx.jpg
babynsx1.jpg
Sponsored